JDM Bogging down/loosing all power under acceleration

Dave-350

Hi guys, I noticed yesterday while putting my foot down that the car seemed to loose all power. At first I though it was traction control being funny with me, but as I drove on, whwnever I hit the gas the whole car just gives up and I have no power. (My foot could be stuck to the floor with nothing happening)

Any ideas if this is a common fault? Maybe the MAF is on its way out?

More info required - will it rev or does it reach a ceiling, when you say no power does the car start slowing down, is it only on full throttle or part throttle too, is it all the time or just sometimes, does turning car off and starting it again make any difference?

My immediate thought it that the throttle position sensor is out of calibration, as Dblock says its worth doing the pedal dance and finding out if its throwing up any codes though :)

More info required - will it rev or does it reach a ceiling, when you say no power does the car start slowing down, is it only on full throttle or part throttle too, is it all the time or just sometimes, does turning car off and starting it again make any difference?

My immediate thought it that the throttle position sensor is out of calibration, as Dblock says its worth doing the pedal dance and finding out if its throwing up any codes though :)

Originally it was just at High Revs, then it would do it every time I put my foot on the gas. At full throttle.

Yes the car slows down when it cuts out.

today it has not done it, but yesterday it was undriveable.

I will try the pedal dance, never done it before!

Theres a known issue with issues between the throttle pedal position sensor and the throttle sensor in the engine bay, Ive had it a few times where you immediately lose all control of the throttle and it slowly winds back down to about 2K rpm - turning the car on and off fixes it though (Ive actually done this at over 90mph on a racetrack before) :lol:

See what the diagnostic turns up but it sounds like you might have the same problem but worse, shouldnt be too expensive to fix though :thumbs:

I've got a OBDII reader you can borrow if needs be? We could meet half way between us tomorrow if you'd like?

Where are you again Matt?

woking, Surrey. You're in Gosport right? I get home about 6ish, so any time after then really. BillyZed might be worth a message as he's in Fareham and might have one too, he's a really nice guy.

I've got a OBDII reader you can borrow if needs be? We could meet half way between us tomorrow if you'd like?

Where are you again Matt?

woking, Surrey. You're in Gosport right? I get home about 6ish, so any time after then really. BillyZed might be worth a message as he's in Fareham and might have one too, he's a really nice guy.

Ok, I have some drifters in Portsmouth that might have one as well. Does the S14 use OBDII?

I think they were made during the cross over period, so they have OBDI and OBDII, :)

Ah he doesnt have one anyway!

I wish Abbey Motorsport would actually call me back... I have left nearly 5 messages now, and messaged them on FB and they refuse to contact me! Bloody annoying!

I think they were made during the cross over period, so they have OBDI and OBDII, :)

I wish Abbey Motorsport would actually call me back... I have left nearly 5 messages now, and messaged them on FB and they refuse to contact me! Bloody annoying!

Nearly 5? So 4 or 6? :lol: Must be annoying, there was a thread started last week about something similar, let me know if I can help in any way :thumbs:

Nearly 5? So 4 or 6? :lol: Must be annoying, there was a thread started last week about something similar, let me know if I can help in any way :thumbs:

Yea, got half way through a message and thought '**** it'

lol.

Thanks mate, I will let you know if someone here cant read the CEL light from the video above!

• Like 1