Service dilemma

koolance

The new car I picked up is overdue a service. The last service was a P1 in February 2012 with the mileage at approx 51150.. The car now has 51500 miles however no stamp from February 2013 and is due a P2. Car has done very little miles per year but has always been previously serviced just but not this time unfortunately.

I plan on replacing both belts this weekend and I'm now wondering if I should take servicing myself. The car is over due a service by 8 months and I'm not sure how well that really keeps my FSH when I come to sell it on in years too come.

Thanks

Gordon

What age is the car, if it's a 2008 z self servicing will make a bit of a dent in the price, not massive, but enough that you'll notice it. A 2002 wouldn't be affected at all really.

Personally my view is that someone competent at home can do as good a service as a main stealer can, as they will be showing the car care and won't just be churning out "yet another job". Lots of receipts and proof of good quality parts should negate that stamp in the book people always look for.

• Like 1

sorry I should have mentioned .. its a 2004 model. I am slightly put off with main dealers due to last time I had a 350z in for a P3 service the car broke down 1.5miles outside the garage due to the coolant not being changed properly causing the car to overheat and be recovered to nissan... brakes were also not bled properly and the pedal went straight to the floor.. took them 3 attempts to fix my car and also left a couple of large scratches.which I was fuming about.

Zmanalex - pm coming your way