Private Messages

Let me preface this by saying no, I have not yet searched....it's 8 PM here, I am going home and this is total stream of conciousness.

What do I (or we) need to do so that when engaged in a conversation via PM, it quotes all previous messages between the 2 parties (other than manually quoting someone)

Adam

Let me preface this by saying no, I have not yet searched....it's 8 PM here, I am going home and this is total stream of conciousness.

What do I (or we) need to do so that when engaged in a conversation via PM, it quotes all previous messages between the 2 parties (other than manually quoting someone)

Adam

you both need to manually quote each other ;)

Guest prescience

I'm not sure if I have misunderstood your issue, but it is quite easy to quote.

When replying, rather than using the 'Post Reply' button near the top right of the PM tab, use the 'Quote' button, 1/3 of the way down but also on the right. That should pick up the chain of PMs - unless one party has not kept up the process :)

Or alternatively..... use that other new fangled communication method, I think its called..... fmail, no email! Thats it !!

I've heard it might catch on....... ;)

Jay, pull your finger out :D

lololololol

it's not one thread in particular - its PM's in general :)

We often exchange 10, 15, 20 PM's with people, and its just easier to remember everything without sorting through previous messages

I know some forums do this by default, or have the ability to do it in the code

And the black Meisters are still avialable ;)

lololololol

it's not one thread in particular - its PM's in general :)

We often exchange 10, 15, 20 PM's with people, and its just easier to remember everything without sorting through previous messages

I know some forums do this by default, or have the ability to do it in the code

And the black Meisters are still avialable ;)

Adam, sure Chris will have a view on what he can do with the code when he gets back from his Phileas Fogg trip around Europe! :D