JDM non Brembo disc's

lomoto

Bugger :headhurt: NO disc's in the UK for the JDM Zed... looks like a few weeks wait :dry:

Thats what I found when I was trying this time last year. Most were saying 12 weeks some were saying they had no idea at all :wacko:

Had a try round today , can get some from the States but they want $250 for shipping :scare:

For some reason the sellers in the US were telling me that their discs wouldn't fit a RHD zed :wacko:

dont you just love the Yanks :blush:

I can pick up a complete set of4 discs for the non Brembo for as little as £50 in the States :scare: shame about the shipping

whats different about the non brembo discs to the brembo ones? Dimensions?

Thats about it about 19mm smaller dia. Think I've got some coming now from MJP.. genuine Nissan ones :thumbs:

Why don't you get some of the Endless ones from Adam? He does them in Non brembo versions as well.....

You can be forum reviewer for them? :thumbs:

whats different about the non brembo discs to the brembo ones? Dimensions?

Thats about it about 19mm smaller dia. Think I've got some coming now from MJP.. genuine Nissan ones :thumbs:

Why don't you get some of the Endless ones from Adam? He does them in Non brembo versions as well.....

You can be forum reviewer for them? :thumbs:

One reason I think would be cost :D

Could you do a straight replacement of the non-Brembo disks and pads with a set of Brembo's? Would you have to replace the brake lines as well?

Yes you need brake lines, calipers and disc's :) expensive job.. to be honest though Jim I've never felt the need for any upgrade on the standard JDM setup, just a bit frustrating the last 2 days when I couldnt source any replacement disc's .Hopefully now sorted :thumbs:

Thanks, Tim. I tend to agree with you - I am unlikely to ever use the car on a track, and don't ever feel that the standard brakes are not up to normal driving.

I'll be interested in hearing how you get on with the replacements. :)

Just fitted the new disc's from MJP , great price as well for Genuine Nissan disc's.. Replaced pads all round as well with EBC Red Stuff , not had chance to really test them yet , but seem fine with all judder gone now..The original disc's had quite a bit of run out in them despite only having done 15 k Miles :)

Old disc removed

P1010001-12.jpg

old and new

P1010003-4.jpg

red stuff pads copperslipped ready to fit

P1010004-3.jpg

alltogether again

P1010005-5.jpg

Done a few miles with these EBC pads now and can confirm they are a lot better bite than original Nissan items :thumbs:

Also they dont seem to shower loads of dust about which is nice when you have polished rims :)

Yep I've noticed less dust too :thumbs:

Also they dont seem to shower loads of dust about which is nice when you have polished rims :)

Thats always the gripe I have with OEM pads - they shower your rims with dust :thumbdown: I beleive there is something in OEM pads that stop them squealing so much but means they produce a lot more dust as a consequence.