Wheels v Computer

martinmac

Just about to fit 19 inch wheels on my Z. Main dealer ( who doesnt like my not using him) says there is an issue with the performance of the Computer with latrger wheels fitted. Whilst appreciating their point is this a problem

Martinmac

Just about to fit 19 inch wheels on my Z. Main dealer ( who doesnt like my not using him) says there is an issue with the performance of the Computer with latrger wheels fitted. Whilst appreciating their point is this a problem

Martinmac

Total garbage :yawn:

Suspected as much, put car in for a service and warranty stereo replacement a couple of weeks ago, they changed the stereo and got the car back in record time, forgot to do the service!.

One of the reasons the forum is so good.

Was hoping to get down to Jap car in July but the alloys are a trade off for going to a concert on the same day with the good lady.

Ahh well!

There 'may' be some truth in what he says but its too general a statement. If you go for 19" wheels with the correct tyre fitment it should not make a difference as you are so close to the original size wheel and the ration front -> back remains the same.

If you get the wrong offsets it could screw things up as you could have a rolling radius that is way out and also a ratio front -> back thats way out

• 1 month later...

I agree that you have to consider off-set and rolling radius when fitting non original wheels/tyre size combinations, but to just make a sweeping statement that it will not be compatible with the set-up equipment without being more specific is total tosh :fool: . As the dealer, and therefore so-called expert :doh: this is just another example of their lack of willingness to extend their customer service beyond the basic level of what they can get away with.

Rant over :blush: