Rear end help ! (Car of course)

hensh65

Hey

Just got alloys from one of the members on here and got them fitted today. They are 9.5 at the back and run with 25mm spacers. I was on the motorway and any big hump the rear end drops and touches the side walls(the tyres are stretched at the back)

Thing is there is a fair bit of room from the wheel arch to the tyre so it must be travelling at least 2 - 3" to touch.

What would you recommend to stop this ?

If the car body is travelling 2 - 3" at the rear then you have a suspension issue.

Alex. :)

What is the options alex? I didnt want to upgrade my suspension because i have to get over spoed bumps at my house and cant go any lower. Do you just get stiffer springs or something ?

All most certainly suspension problem I am running 20inch with 275 and 25mm spacer and mine touch the inner side of the arch a paper thickness only when two up I am going to roll the arches but yours shouldn't touch.Get that suspension checked :thumbs:

• Like 1

whip the wheel off - have a look in the arch - and see where its touching. If inner lip, roll them (or if just touching) you can CAREFULLY grind a little bit off. Did I mention CAREFULLY. Mind and touch up the paint as it will rust.

m8 just remove the spacers and swop for 20mm.....I use to run 28mm spacer with 10.5j wheel 35mm off = 7mm and 265/35/19 stretched tyre.since going to 295/35/19 I ve had to drop to a 15mm spacer and that's with arches rolled.

m8 just remove the spacers and swop for 20mm.....I use to run 28mm spacer with 10.5j wheel 35mm off = 7mm and 265/35/19 stretched tyre.since going to 295/35/19 I ve had to drop to a 15mm spacer and that's with arches rolled.

I think thats what ill do mate ! Cheers