Tough Mudder done! - Pics - warning nipples present

Ricey

Might have a cheeky last minute entry to the North West one a week Sunday.

Anyone done it and have any likeness comparison?

Did HellRunner last year which is sort of similar - same distance but more wading through bogs and swamps etc.

Fitness wise I'm on or around half marathon standard road running and can lift reasonable weights in the gym (not that you could tell).................by reasonable I don't mean anywhere near the Neil's of the world but I can bench at least my own body weight.

Any thoughts or tips.

Edited by Ricey

Yep, did the London south this year. If you can run a half marathon you'll be fine. The emphasis is completing it as a team, not as an individual for time, so you'll need your fellow competitors to help you get over some of the obstacles. Mainly the wall climb ones.

Ultimately, it just isn't that tough...but a damn good laugh!

An Ironman? Now that's tough.

Christ........HellRunner was pretty tough in fairness. Moreso because of the cold than anything - we were stood neck height in a freezing lake for 40 minutes due to some sort of bugger up. Other than that I think it would have been 'fairly' easy. As it was I said I'd never do it again (......I'm doing it again in 4 weeks).

I think there will be 2 of us doing it which I guess is enough to consititue a team?

PaulT up here has done it the last two years - it looks totally nuts!

I must admit I had it down as one of those 'so hard you'll all die but in reality its a bit of a muddy fun run' type things............then I saw the video of people passing out after being electroctued in the face - my opinion changed rather rapidly.

• 2 weeks later...

Done.

Fraktion nailed it........amazing fun, literally one of the best things I've ever done.

Overhyped..........definitely. It's too much fun to be classed as tough......challenging maybe but you never felt like there was any danger of getting round.

Hell Runner......at least 10x worse mentally as it was about 20 degrees colder!

Well done I did the London North this year. I agree, it didn't seem that hard and was a good laugh.

We had horrible weather though which made it worse. Literally rained and had hailstones the whole way round. The electrocution one where you crawled through water I found the worse.