Weird gear stick position

LukePitt

So what I thought went smoothly with my clutch and flywheel replacement actually hasn't gone that well!! The mechanic I used was a bmw mechanic and appears not 2 be that good on nissans!! When in 4th the gear stick seems to be in more like neutral! Also the gears seem a tiny Bit notchy, not any worse than the usual z but I had moly & new fluids put in so was expecting it to be smoother! Any ideas on any of the 2?

That might explain the molyslip then! Haven't really had chance to drive it very far! Hi Alex mate, sorry to bother u again!! Its at the mechanics now. He's saying that he never touched that plate because he took it all of from underneath? Think he's been trying to pester u today from what he's just said. Does what he's saying make any sense to u?

I was with my dad and brother when they did the clutch on my zed and yes of course the gear knob came off and the whole thing moved. I had to go through the same process of plate adjustment (on Alex's advice!) after they did mine too - although it wasnt anywhere as far out as yours sounds. The plate adjustment is pretty simple too.

Would that be a bad thing if he did? Sorry to bombard u with questions. I'm more than willing to transfer money to u to pay for your time! Just want the car back to normal! Lol.

I would not dream of taking any form of payment for advice Luke;

If he did not remove the gear lever from within the car (which is the correct and easiest method) then he must have removed the bridal from the gearbox from underneath which is held on with 4 bolts.

He also would have had to remove the bolt and nut which connects the gear lever to the gearbox linkage.

On assembly, I just can not figure how he could go wrong, unless he has lost the bush/bushes from the base of the gear lever where it joins the linkage.

i will dig out a few schematics for you and post up.

Alex. :)