HSD Monopro coilovers problem

3sjr

So I have just bought some second hand mono pros.

all fitted on lovely, the front gave a lovely drop and adjust nicely.

However the rears I have bottomed out on the thread meaning I have put them as low as possible and its pretty much standard ride height ?

Anyone else have these and have I done something wrong or being silly?

Only thing is the holes are drilled completely wrong :/

They won't line up with the bolt as they have been drilled too high up so it won't sit on the control arm enough to get the bolt through. Also too close to the original holes for me to drill any others.

Got to say that it all sounds a bit dodgy to me. Lets hope drilling/grinding and so on to make them fit doesn`t weaken the mounting points.

Just saying that to make you aware. If they were correct for the car they would bolt straight on and not require a chav type adjustment to fit.

It will look nice and low if it snaps off at the mount :scare:

Got to say that it all sounds a bit dodgy to me. Lets hope drilling/grinding and so on to make them fit doesn`t weaken the mounting points.

Just saying that to make you aware. If they were correct for the car they would bolt straight on and not require a chav type adjustment to fit.

It will look nice and low if it snaps off at the mount :scare:

It's fine as the new holes just replace the existing holes making them redundant, I've been running them for over 6 months :thumbs:

The original holes are way to low on the mount which means you can't go away lower than stock height which is pointless :lol:

So tip of the day "don't buy HSD Monopro coilovers as the rears don't provide any drop."

Good to know as they were on my list of possibilities, just BC and Meisters left.

Yeah avoid them to be honest, was annoying when I put the rears on and couldn't go any lower! :rant:

• 1 year later...

There are 3 rings under the spring...1 used to adjust spring pre-load etc and other 2 to secure it.... If you want it dropped - removed 2 bottom rings as 1st ring will be all the way down and wil be secured by the weight of the car. It been suggested to me by driftworks and I had it like that for 2 years when I had my HSDs.

Here's a pic how mine used to sit with just one of them rings instead of 3.

photo_zpse1c40a5e.jpg

photo_zps7b0fe6eb.jpg

Edited by Vlad