New Pads, fluid change and possibly time for braided hoses?

larsdowg

Hi all,

my 2004 ZED is coming up to 25k and it requires pads changing............. I only use this on the road, no track usage.

I have been looking at pads on EBAY and reading various posts on the forum.

Should I buy Brembo pads or go with something like EBC, Mintex or Ferodo..... I have used them all at various time on different cars and bikes, hence my state of mind...............(undecided/confused :wacko: )

My discs don't need changing, but I was considering upgrading the hoses...............what are peoples experiences of this from standard setup?

Quotes welcome from traders for, front/rear pads, fluid and braided hoses............. and do me a good price ;) pleeeeeeease...... :teeth:

Thanks everyone for your help,

Lars

+1

I've done the HEL lines and RBF fluid. Feel good, though at first were a bit weird (my first serious brakes, so felt different to my untrained hoof, love them now) not done pads yet but read plenty on here and yellowstuff and DS2500 both have their fan clubs. I think it's more a question of personal taste, not read that either is bad. Always worth spending on stopping power.

• Like 1

I would recommend the yellowstuff front and rear to. I would even go as far as to say go for those over the ds2500's - reason is if you are not going on track the EBCs are alot cheaper and will more than do the job on the road. I got my EBC brembo fit yellowstuff pads from eBay for £110 delivered front and rears!

I got the EBC front and rears for track and road use, with rbf600 fluid as its way to easy to boil the oem fluid due to the cars weight. I would recommend this setup. The Z was fantastic on track and pads still have a fair bit of life left on them - and I have a roadster so even heavier than the coupe!

• Like 1

HEL yeah! :blush:

Thanks everyone, I have also been chatting to a guy at work who has a Celica GT 350+ bhp, he also tracks it and says he agrees Yellow Stuff pads and he used ATE Superblue.

Apparently he can't get HEL lines for his but he says, if he could............ he would. :thumbs:

Thanks again for all the comments, I will drop 'Zmanalex' a line and see what he can come up with.

Cheers

• Like 1