2nd year my rosie service costs

richyrich

Just had my 2nd year service on my Rosie (272 pounds) - only to keep the warranty going really.

I can't believe tho that their service schedule means the pollen filter is changed - but not the engine air filters (which are filthy after just 10.5k miles). I've hardly used the a/c as the roof is down most of the driving I've done!

Gonna change the air filters myself and do the future services myself as I do on all my cars - I know I don't get the stamp but I plan on keeping the car for a long time - I love it :-)

Goin to Trax this Sunday at Silverstone - hopefully the weather will be ok.

Anyone else goin?

Richyrich

• Like 1

Good to hear you have the roof down when you can, nice one. Im down in dorset at the moment and im amazed about the number of convertibles driving around with their rooves up despite the glorious sunshine.....crazy.

I'd be coming to trax if i wasn't doen on the south coast eating and drinking and making sand cadtles with my nephew.

• Like 1

You do not have to use a Nissan dealer, but just make sure Nissan parts are used.

I mention that as should your car have an issue that in way can be linked to non Nissan parts then you may not be covered by the 3 year warranty. ;)

in my handbook and the service sheet from Bristol Street motors it does actually say to change them at 36k/4 yrs - under normal driving conditions - yet the cabin filter is every 2yrs!

I've always gone by the tried and tested once a year for oil, oil filter and air filter - overall cost is pennies compared to the importance of each item!

Richyrich :)

I can't believe tho that their service schedule means the pollen filter is changed - but not the engine air

This is standard with most makers. My mate had his Vectra serviced and they didnt touch the air filter which was black as your hat and full of straw / fag ends. Likewise on my beemer, which had its first service at 18,000 miles they didnt touch the air filter but happily changed the pollen filter as part of the service.

Amazes me when you think I can get a vectra air filter for about 4 quid off ebay and takes all of 5 minutes to change over.