Vinyl Wrap

Dblock

Hi guys,

I was wondering if you guys can help me. I was looking for a custom vinyl wrap made. Just an image or something nothing too fancy but I can't find a place to do it or they are too expensive. Cheapest I have been quoted is £300 which is far too high IMO, other places only really deal in vans etc.

I just need the vinyl printed and designed. The fitting I can do myself.

If anyone can help it would be very much appreciated.

:)

ed@signwright.ltd.uk tell him Matt Dedman said to give him an email. I've got no idea on prices for printing, I know that no-where will be cheap as normal wrap as vinyl printing just isn't the cheap option, but he's a really good guy and will help you out in any way he can.

Cheers mate. I thought it wouldnt be silly expensive. I hope it's not or the idea goes in the bin.

I think it's the ink which is the expensive bit as they normally give you a 7 year warranty or something, so the ink has to stand up to a lot of abuse and not fade/run etc. Ed will give you the best price he can and if it is too expensive he'll be able to suggest other options.

Unfortunately printable cast vinyl (with inks) isn't the cheapest - in fact it competes with the likes of chrome vinyl in terms of cost :(

However a good sign writer using a HP printer should be able to sort you out and probably won't be as interested in fitting as wrappers. There are a few companies down here that could probably do it - I'll get numbers and post up.

Other option is that Hexis UK could do it - they offer that service. Remember that after printing it'll be a good 3-4 weeks before you can actually fit it ;)

ed@signwright.ltd.uk tell him Matt Dedman said to give him an email. I've got no idea on prices for printing, I know that no-where will be cheap as normal wrap as vinyl printing just isn't the cheap option, but he's a really good guy and will help you out in any way he can.

Thanks for the heads up mate, I'll give him an email tonight,

Stickerdude.co.uk

They do mainly smaller vinyls but I think they've started bigger stuff as well. Not sure how big your thinking but might be worth an email

Cheers mate, will email them but it does seem to be mainly small stickers they deal in.

Unfortunately printable cast vinyl (with inks) isn't the cheapest - in fact it competes with the likes of chrome vinyl in terms of cost :(

However a good sign writer using a HP printer should be able to sort you out and probably won't be as interested in fitting as wrappers. There are a few companies down here that could probably do it - I'll get numbers and post up.

Other option is that Hexis UK could do it - they offer that service. Remember that after printing it'll be a good 3-4 weeks before you can actually fit it ;)

Ahh I didn't realise that. Why the wait for the ink to cure or does it take that long to order?

hexis from memory run a minimum order for custom printing, could be wrong as its not something I use from them. how big an eara do you want printing, how much is design and how much vinyl stays blank etc.£300 sounds about right to be honest.

It's not coming from hexis though they have their own printer I'm sure. I have contacted a few companies with only 1 getting back to me lol.

Ahh I didn't realise that. Why the wait for the ink to cure or does it take that long to order?

My bad that should have read 1-2 weeks..... I have done it in less time 48 hours but @*!# myself as the vinyl felt quite soft still.

In a nutshell the ink does need to cure but that's not too bad -2 -3 hours or so should be touch dry pretty damn perfect, overnight and it's def a good un. However it's more the "out-gassing" of the printed vinyl - this is the evaporation of the chemicals from the vinyl and ink.

Time wise out-gassing in fairness does actually depend on how the printing company does it and the ink coverage (and colours used). Some leave a relaxed roll (not good), some lay them out, but it's better to have them raised or even better to have a gassing chamber (still never seen one!). The later is obviously the quicker option working backwards to rolled taking ages (if out gassing altogether).