wire wool ?

snoged

Glass is exceedingly hard so it's not easy to scratch but regardless of what he says wire wool is capable of inflicting swirls in glass. There's better things to use to clean glass, such as a good glass cleaner and a proper glass cloth instead of old t-shirts, old socks and wire wool.

I've not tried it, and personally I'll be keeping my wire wool for polishing the exhaust rather than the glass...

Yes this is correct.

Many years ago i used to for a company who made all types of windscreens from JCB's, bus's all the major wagons & cars. I used to make all the bullet proof glass for Northern Ireland Garda and our police forces. We always used wire wool & the those little square American blades to take off smears, small scratches and scabs that appeared in the windscreen making process.

HOWEVER - its just the same as when you polish your car - to much pressure will only make things worse and you're never gonna get rid of a really deep scratch. You can also use a glass paste thats the same stuff as Jewelers use to polish gold and a D.A yeh a D.A :teeth: IT DOES WORK HONEST.

I kept on hounding the managers to start making personalised top tint windscreen ie NISSAN 350Z but it never did make the production line :lol: perhaps i should approach Dragons Den & deny it was my idea if the cars fail their MOT's :surrender:

Just as a footnote we also made the glass for the original Popemobile. :lol::drive1:lol:

Yes this is correct.

Many years ago i used to for a company who made all types of windscreens from JCB's, bus's all the major wagons & cars. I used to make all the bullet proof glass for Northern Ireland's Royal Ulster Constabulary and our police forces. We always used wire wool & the those little square American blades to take off smears, small scratches and scabs that appeared in the windscreen making process.

HOWEVER - its just the same as when you polish your car - to much pressure will only make things worse and you're never gonna get rid of a really deep scratch. You can also use a glass paste thats the same stuff as Jewelers use to polish gold and a D.A yeh a D.A :teeth: IT DOES WORK HONEST.

I kept on hounding the managers to start making personalised top tint windscreen ie NISSAN 350Z but it never did make the production line :lol: perhaps i should approach Dragons Den & deny it was my idea if the cars fail their MOT's :surrender:

Just as a footnote we also made the glass for the original Popemobile. :lol::drive1:lol:

Fixed that for you ;) Garda are only in the republic of Ireland.