Warning lights (ABS / TC / ESP) came on randomly?

PS13Silvia

Hi all, got in the car to come to work this morning, bit of a rush as I was running late. I got off my driveway & 20 yards down the road when I spotted all 3 lights were on. So I stopped, shut the car down & started again, all was fine, didn't think much more of it.

However, when I got to work (only 10 miles away) we have to stop at the gate for the carpark passes, did that & pulled away to go & park when I noticed the 3 lights were back on again.

Parked at the top as usual & tried pressing the ESP off button, which did nothing so my rev clock looked like this:

20130830_085550_zpsa4023156.jpg

Have I broken it? Anyone have any ideas what's going on please?

Any help or advice appreciated,

David,

Just nipped out & checked, car is parked on a hill though (facing downwards because I reversed in) and it's just touching max, if it was on a flat would be slightly below the marker. I've got plenty of fluids at home so will top it up & see what happens. Best keep a close eye on this over the next few weeks.

Are these cars really this sensitive?

The 350s can show errors if the brake fluid isn't right at the maximum.

I had a problem with the brake switch in my 350 which wasn't turning the brake lights on which brought up the same lights, so you could also check those are all lighting up as they should be. When pressing the brakes on with a small amount of force the warning lights would come up on the dash but the brake lights were all just coming on very faintly.

Edited by Gudzy
  • Like 1

I walked into town at lunch & got a bottle of brake fluid, moved the car onto a flat level surface and it needed the smallest dribble known to man.

Drove home watching the clocks like a hawk and all was fine, right up until I reversed onto my driveway when they lit back up again!

I'm being boring & staying in tonight, so will wait till its darker & test the brake lights (tucked right up to the garage door on purpose for this)

And a friend is bringing his OBD reader thing in case theres any codes, engine light never came on so I'm not sure it's thrown an error code at all.

Bit more research needed for this one on my part...