JTS at Silverstone 3rd June meeting up thread

sl114

Here it is then, the thread to arrange where we will all be meeting up and when.

Personally like Val suggested i think we should all aim to get there at 0830.

So i suggest meeting time is 0815 on the dot ready to leave the meeting point and get to silverstone for 0830.

Im not sure on the area, but are most people coming from the M1? If so, we can meet at the services at J15a and all convoy down from there?

I'll be coming from doon soouth, so A34 then A43 into the circuit. Anyone know of a big layby or anything near the circuit? I dont mind driving past it a little bit, turning around and waiting for the cavalry ;)

Chris

I can meet up as coming from Oxford. Can meet at service station just off M40 or the pub car park on the south side of the A43, it s just after the camera.

All other remember that there is 2 forward facing camera's from the M1 direction and one from the M40 direction.

PM me if you want my mobile number.

From the A34 (Oxford direction) then A43. Basically opposite direction to you lot from the M1.

Is there anyone else who will be meeting at M1 J15a services or shall i just meet Val on the way down and meet you all there? I want to get in nice and early to take a load of pics

if you are not doing any track time you don't need to be there as early as us

So what time do I need to be there if I ain't doing track time?

I think there is no movement in the paddock from 10am onwards due to EDC practice laps or time attack practice, but Steve will confirm that.

Anyone know?

the briefing for the parade lap is at 11am, but I would strongly advise you to be there earlier, tbh. The stand is going to be VERY busy with 180+ Zeds

i was thinking off heading to Sixfields for a bite to eat, then the other half reminded me she wanted to watch..."Any dream will do!".... :yuck:

So will have to convince her we need to get out a bit more...

Sure it says on the paperwork somewhere that for the parade, they want all that are getting special parking in by 09:30am...... will have to look later!

Yup I cant bear getting up at the ungodly hour I would need to in order to make it for that time if I were setting off from here - so you'll find me having a few beers at the Holiday Inn on Saturday night. :thumbs:
Is it worth all meeting at the holiday inn then?

Where abouts is it?

Chris

I can meet up as coming from Oxford. Can meet at service station just off M40 or the pub car park on the south side of the A43, it s just after the camera.

All other remember that there is 2 forward facing camera's from the M1 direction and one from the M40 direction.

PM me if you want my mobile number.

From the A34 (Oxford direction) then A43. Basically opposite direction to you lot from the M1.

I'm coming up the M40 from Oxford as well, so can also meet at Cherwell Valley services or pub car park on A43. PM if you want my mobile number (planning on getting there 8.30ish)

Yup I cant bear getting up at the ungodly hour I would need to in order to make it for that time if I were setting off from here - so you'll find me having a few beers at the Holiday Inn on Saturday night. :thumbs:
Is it worth all meeting at the holiday inn then?

Where abouts is it?

Might be easier for you M1ers...... there are a few already staying there! Could just meet in car park early doors and convoy down?

http://www.laterooms.com/en/p1301/pv9995893/hotel-directions/83685_holiday-inn-northampton-west-m1-junc-16-northampton.aspx

Can either then just go down A5 to A43 or M1/A43!

I believe there are a few of us staying at the Holiday Inn on the M1 just outside Northampton, but need to be there for an 8.30 am track time brief, so may have to go ahead...

Yep, I got same issue as Dunker..... so gotta be there for the briefing!