EVER HEARD OF A PHANTOM CAR?

Zedrush

As my car is going soon, hopefully,by next sunday, I was looking around one last time before I dive back into a 350z and came across a Phantom Car :wacko:

Never heard of the company before must say cars look gorgeous, anyone know anything about em? Apart from the wheels they get a thumbs up from me :thumbs:B)

Take a look:

www.phantom.uk.com

phn1.jpg

phn2.jpg

11010441_1.jpg

The things that strike me are:

12 month warranty, £45k for 174bhp and kit car build. Plus another £3k for leather and even remote locking is an extra.

Not my cup of tea to be honest. Looks ok though, almost Aston V8 crossed with a Z06.

Thats some SERIOUS depreciation then - the website for the cars gives the base price as £45k if you look at the custom build section.

Though if you go to the self assembly option, the total is £14k - but you have to find a donor Rover 827, and it states the only engine it wil accept on that chassis is the 2.7 V6 rover engine. Yet the custom build section lists a Honda 2.7 V6, maybe that fits too?

Although Ive always fancied building my own car, it would be a very long term project and I would never swap our Z (daily driver) for a kit car.

Though if you go to the self assembly option, the total is £14k - but you have to find a donor Rover 827, and it states the only engine it wil accept on that chassis is the 2.7 V6 rover engine. Yet the custom build section lists a Honda 2.7 V6, maybe that fits too?

It'll almost certainly be the same engine mate, Rover & Honda were doing that for years.

It'll almost certainly be the same engine mate, Rover & Honda were doing that for years.

Your right... Def the same engine they are. The whole of hte Rover 200 series had the same engines in as the Hondas through the 1980s too..

Mind you £45k for a kit car which is fairly ordinary is a bit of a joke! Way over priced, you can get an AC Cobra replica for 30 with performance to blow your socks off!

I think its £45k built by them to your specification (although the options dont seem staggering).

£14k plus donor car an painting if you do it yourself.

Though Im pretty confident if I were to build my own, I could clock up the difference of £31k quite easily in broken tools, replacing broken parts, rented accomodation when the missus kicks me and the car out, and solicitors fees to deal with the inevitable divorce.

45k is nuts for that car. You could be in a superb Cobra rep or an Ultima for that money.

Ultima, oh yes, Ultima...

I spent two hours on Sunday watching the videos on the Ultima website.

Proper car.

0-60 in 2.6, 0-100 in 5.3, 0-150 in 11.5.

0-100 and back to 0 in 9.6 seconds.

All of which are records for road cars and quicker than Zonda, Mclaren F1 etc.

Thats bike fast that is.

Here you go, watch those videos.

On the track day clips he passes an Elise, a TVR and even a Noble like they are stood still.

www.ultimasports.co.uk/gtr/

That thing is mad. WHat engine is it, the Rover or Honda or a tuned V6?

They normally run the General Motors LS1 V8 engine ( Corvette etc ) in various states of tune. The factory demonstrator - the one on the videos - is 720bhp and the car isn't very heavy !

It's a serious piece of kit and I am sooooooo very tempted. I'm just worried about getting in an out because I'm not particularly sleek myself :teeth:

Here you go, watch those videos.

On the track day clips he passes an Elise, a TVR and even a Noble like they are stood still.

www.ultimasports.co.uk/gtr/

That thing is mad. WHat engine is it, the Rover or Honda or a tuned V6?

They normally run the General Motors LS1 V8 engine ( Corvette etc ) in various states of tune. The factory demonstrator - the one on the videos - is 720bhp and the car isn't very heavy !

It's a serious piece of kit and I am sooooooo very tempted. I'm just worried about getting in an out because I'm not particularly sleek myself :teeth:

Ahh its an LS1, that explains a lot :thumbs:

The Ultima - dont they have honda/rover engines or a vtec? ALso based on the chassi from the rover metro?