Hatchback to ZED !

hensh65

I also came from a Clio 182 FF and the Zed certainly commands more respect when driving. I could chuck the Clio into a corner no problem but I'm more cautious in the Zed, mainly because its my first RWD and I didn't want to see my rear end overtake me!

It took my a few weeks to fully adjust but I glad I made the change. I've found the torque, power and noise of the V6 is infectious even though my car is standard at the moment. And that's without mentioning the Zed's looks and road presence which is far superior to any car I've driven before!

Came from a 290hp ST facelift, Rs clutch and plugs, big airtec fmic and revo stage 1. I actually think its quicker than the zed once rolling, but it doesn't feel as planted once your approaching silly speeds. Love the driving position of the zed and I've got a lot more respect for it, bumble along now as with FWD I could drive hard no matter what the conditions. The Zed to me is something special its not a mass produced car with a bigger engine and body kit it was built to be one thing only and makes no apologies for that. It's a fantastic car, and actually is a lot better on fuel than the ST

Yup, drove a JDM Dc2 for over 3 years before the Zed. Zed requires a LOT more respect but I personally find the Zed more rewarding as you need to drive it smoother instead of just chucking it into the corners. Sometimes miss incredible handling of the Dc2 but the V6 growl more than makes up for it.

Not as though the Zed has bad handling, its an incredible car and I would never go back to a fwd car now.

my DC2 i sold her 2 years ago when i was made redundant, broke my heart, only car to this day to scare the living sh!t out of me, as you said the handling is incredible!

if i had spare cash id luv a stripped out dc2 with a single recaro / bride seat track day car!! ooOH could you imagine!

to the original poster!

The Z is just a different animal! its heavey but is fast is heavey but it handles! its just a joy to drive! ive just got back from an hours blast luv it!

Edited by Sempiternal