Harnesses

paulashy

You can buy a harness bar that runs along the back of the seats but its quite expensive for what it is

I was gonna say same thing. US eBay, there £130'ish posted which I thought was quite reasonable..

I didnt know you could get them so cheap. Thats a pretty good price. I may get one sooner than i thought :)

Cheers that's not too bad then they a pretty easy fit?

Looks pretty straight forward to me. Unbolt and original top seatbelt mounts, bolt the bar in place.. Not sure where you would mount the lower seat belt mounts though by the seat? Or middle if you want to run 5 point? Was going to cross that bridge when I get round to installing one myself lol

Yeah not to sure where those could be held in place have sent the seller a message asking a few questions so hopefully ill get a reply explaining all, I want to use harnesses for trackdays but still try and retain my standard belts for daily use but not sure if this is going to be possible

Yeah not to sure where those could be held in place have sent the seller a message asking a few questions so hopefully ill get a reply explaining all, I want to use harnesses for trackdays but still try and retain my standard belts for daily use but not sure if this is going to be possible

Not sure it will if the bar mounts in place of original seat belt mounts. unless you mount a roll cage in the back but that requires more dosh....

^^ I wouldn't buy that harness bar, as it doesn't have support rods...if you have a look at sparco harness bar - you'll see what I mean!

I was looking into them quite a bit, and cheapest was the sparco one, but after delivery/custom charges you looking at around £400-500!

In the end I bought cusco half cage and was planning to weld an additional bar to it to use as harness bar, but decided agains it and just welded 5 eye bolts onto rear strut bar! Check out my build thread for more info and pics

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/64146-vlads-nismo-small-update-page-5-15072013/page__st__120#entry1104358

Also have 2 brand new pairs of OMP side mounts, let me know if you need them

GraffitiMotorsport harness bar is nice by the way :)

BCR looks like Sparco, but they didn't design support rods currectly, so they don't reach floor, which makes it pretty much a cheap copy just like the one in above eBay link

Be careful with running half-cages: Depending on where the bar sits and how close it is to your head, you may end up in the situation where you need to wear a helmet every time you drive just in case. It was something I had to look at myself very carefully with the MX5.

^^ what he said!

Cusco Half a cage was £400 delivered, waited 2months tho as its from Japan, ordered via Coordsport! I think they wait till they have full container, before shipping it from Japan! RHDJapan sells them as well, I think they just sent it out when you order it, but postage would be more then!

^^ I wouldn't buy that harness bar, as it doesn't have support rods...if you have a look at sparco harness bar - you'll see what I mean!

The Sparco bar doesn't have support rods either. The pictures you see online are generic. I bought one for my 2005 Z and returned it due to fitment issues.

Candy blue one is graffitiM bar, they fit ok and look good as well! as far as i remember- they are 1piecr bar, so quite large=expensive to ship! . From my research - you only got 2 good options - Sparco or GraffitiMotorsport!

Candy blue one is graffitiM bar, they fit ok and look good as well! as far as i remember- they are 1piecr bar, so quite large=expensive to ship! . From my research - you only got 2 good options - Sparco or GraffitiMotorsport!

How easy to fit though as I could imagine very tight?

Guys I would run a half cage or full cage with bucket and harness, You dont want to roll and have the roof come in and you not being able to bend out the way due to the harness.

Go for a custom rear cage like mine :) Stiffen the car, harness bar and safe :)

Guys I would run a half cage or full cage with bucket and harness, You dont want to roll and have the roof come in and you not being able to bend out the way due to the harness.

How deep do the pockets need to be for that?

How deep do the pockets need to be for that?

Not that bad man, My custom half cage was less than a grand fitted and its basically half the 350z FIA spec race cage with a few extra gussets and harness bar. Well worth it IMO.