Mk VI Golf TDI's

zabba

Hello,

Apologies for the slightly dull topic, but I am looking at these to replace a A1 TDI that my gf uses. It's a company car and I want out of the scheme to save a bit of cash and get something bigger.

I'm looking at low mileage Mk VI TDI's, the Match spec looks really good and has either the 1.6TDI or 2.0TDI engine. We have the 1.6 in the Audi, and I find it a bit slow, but very economical. I'd like the 2.0 as I will drive it a fair bit as well, but worried the economy might not be good enough. Any experiences of them?

And before anyone suggests a hot hatch or something, it will do 20k miles a year, so needs to be economical, comfy and reliable :)

My mate as the GTD - same engine as my TT derv except his does 59mpg (clocked absolutely leathering it to and from Porthmadog) and mine does 35mpg!!!!!!!

Not sure that a boggo 2.0 is the 170bhp version but that one is absolutely rapid (for a derv) and with a remap must be leathal. I would suggest even a boggo will be around 140bhp and will still shift.

Thanks, I'm looking at 140bhp version, the GTD would be great but they hold their value so well that it's out of reach.

As for Fabia VRS suggestion, I do like them but they are getting on a bit now and want something newer and lower mileage. They do seem to hold their value very well, but that seems to make them poor value to be given their age.