Under bonnet light?

z350convert

Not the most technical question but here goes...

There is a spring loaded switch on the left as you view the engine. Doesn't seem to do anything but it looks like it might be an on/off (door type) switch for a light in the engine bay that doesn't seem to be there (the light, not the engine). Does anyone know what it should do??

Thought I might put a light near the dipstick as I struggle to get that ridiculous bendy thing back in the right place and maybe use the switch already there.

Thanks

Thanks I will check it. I think the door open warning light was not lit with the bonnet up but I will look again. That plunger switch must be there for some reason, just can't see what it is.

Thanks

Neil

It will if you then turn the ignition on which is what I think BM meant.

This is the bit...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=221244060144&catId=6000&item=221244060144

Have read some other thread where they thought it was an air bag sensor but an alarm is more likely. Anyway i think i shall not mess with it and rig my own switch and lead for an under bonnet lamp.

Thanks

Neil