Nurburgring is anybody going this month Aug 2013?

Jeza

Already done my quota this year, which resulted in nil laps due to a fatality.

It'll be closed in a few years anyway.

Too many maniacs flying (literally) about in caged up, slicked up, 600hp machines, couple that with a few tourist mates doing some laps in street cars and the outcome is often predictable and bad.

Sorry but I have to disagree with that statement. ;)

Don't be sorry, you can think what you like, I just think it's evolved into something that it doesn't have to be nowadays, Tourist days, should be that, not race test days.

In my opinion.

Only disagree with the Ring closure part,what purpose would it serve if closed? It would wreck the area for about 40 kilometer radius affecting thousands of business's.

As for the Manufacturers Pool,would they just walk away?

Agree with the race cars though,wouldn't be so bad if the drivers had just a little bit more patience !

Wish I had seen this thread before I left! Just got back from the ring- it was excellent! My two cents are that the ring is special precisely because you get such variety turning up there. People just need to learn some driving etiquette. A safety briefing or something wouldn't hurt...

Can't comment on tourist days but I've done a couple of trackdays at the Ring and they were great. Most people seemed to be fairly (or very) experienced but it felt better being a newbie knowing that even though I didn't know what I was doing, most people there had a better idea and weren't going to do anything too crazy. The second day had some race teams testing but it was easy enough to keep out of their way and having an Aston Martin race car blast past every now and then just added to the experience (they sounded amazing!).

• 1 month later...

Sorry to resurrect this after a month or two,but would like to say that there are quite a few Zds turning up these days,mostly Dutch,some German cars and some Brit's. IF anyone is planning a trip next season and would like some advice,I'll do my best to answer any questions you may have.It is STILL a fantastic place to drive,just dont expect to learn it in three laps! . LoL

• 3 months later...