UTEC from TurboXS coming to the UK! no longer applicable

Removed

G-Force are no more, you are correct, that leaves only one APS dealer in the UK. Rubbish.

ouch, bet you guys who had your TT fitted there are chuffed, not :headhurt:

oh and the only APS dealer left has now fitted ZERO kits afaik :scare:

anyone tried to track down where the mechanics have gone to work? I guess that culd be a way to keep in touch with people with some experience really

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a 2 week delay is annoying but not the end of the world; its more the attitude of the yanks to us over here (i.e look after our own first, second and third) which grates :dry:

Agree with Dorian here, I spend big $$$$ with several American companies of which I'm European agents for them, and their priorities are with their compatriots even if schedules are placed with 3 months notice and these are companies from east and west coasts, we just don't have the same kind of buying power.

Personally I think it's worth the wait. How many units are due to be shipped?

Perhaps I should get someone on the case who talks with the right accent :D

they'll have to be 7 for us and 5 (or 6) for the italians, but no point in shipping to only 1 place really. yesterday he said he could not phisically transport 12-13 utecs plus all the kit needed in his luggage. apparently.

still in 2 minds about this tbh, will see what Mark @ TDi says as I don't want to mess up with their workload/schedule as I know what a pain that can be :dry:

Guest prescience
G-Force are no more, you are correct, that leaves only one APS dealer in the UK. Rubbish.

ouch, bet you guys who had your TT fitted there are chuffed, not :headhurt:

oh and the only APS dealer left has now fitted ZERO kits afaik :scare:

anyone tried to track down where the mechanics have gone to work? I guess that culd be a way to keep in touch with people with some experience really

It is still the same personnel working there AFAIK. Certainly that was what Adam told me Tuesday.

It is surprising and annoying given the level of business the 350Z alone has generated for them in the past year.

Problem being that the company who is now there in place of GForce are not approved APS dealers. I personally wouldnt be taking my car back there even if they were 'approved'.

Good quality install, but the rest leaves alot to be desired.

Problem being that the company who is now there in place of GForce are not approved APS dealers. I personally wouldnt be taking my car back there even if they were 'approved'.

Good quality install, but the rest leaves alot to be desired.

so you guys left only with WRC?

Guest prescience

I really honestly thought that the tuner situation could only improve - seems not, not yet anyway :(

well well well, back on topic.

The Italians have understandably pulled out, they'll sort their own UTECs for the 9th June and just get their tuner to tune them. Has to be said, their tuner seems to be extremely competent, so good luck to them!

so that's 6 UTECs lost for Jermaine to sell, wonder if he'll manage to find the 7 we need now....

TDi are very nice and aren't bothered with the change of date, if we decide to wait the extra 2 weeks (thanks Mark!!!)

so.... what do you all guys reckon?

Guest prescience

part of me says stuff it and I also think he may be even less willing to come given what you have said above (which I hadn't realised)

hats off to mark for being so understanding

i don't have a definite view either way but my enthusiasm is waning

LOL.....:dry:

I'm willing to wait.....although,I thought map switches were included in the deal?? Oh well.

We need to get him to ship our UTECs as sample/promo goods too though!

I take it he hasn't charged your C/C yet V!? ;)

Fai proprio schifo :rant:

Stronzo

Vafanculo

and just to reitterate

Stronzo bastardo :rant:

Aah that's better.

oh yes! it's vaFFanculo though, and no he hasn't charged my card yet and YES I have it in writing that all the switches are included :dry::dry::dry: the cheeky BASTARDO!

G where have you learnt to swear in Italian anyway? :lol:

oh yes! it's vaFFanculo though, and no he hasn't charged my card yet and YES I have it in writing that all the switches are included :dry::dry::dry: the cheeky BASTARDO!

G where have you learnt to swear in Italian anyway? :lol:

There's an interlude on a TOOL album that has a phone call from an Italian dude who says lots of the above pleasantries!! B)

Guest prescience

It looks like everyone is going ahead as planned except not heard from Stephen G yet

Guest prescience

£685 for install and dyno

£425 unit only

both should include remote map switch and MAP sensor (for FI), that was the deal - to be checked

It looks like everyone is going ahead as planned except not heard from Stephen G yet

Because no-one has contacted me! I'm touring South-East Asia at the moment and not back until mid next week, but my phone is on and I can get email too. However, not checking the web that often, but I just got a wifi connection in my hotel and found this thread. It doesn't make for good reading.

My personal feelings are this. Someone's willingness to provide good support is going to equate to their willingness to go the extra mile with the tuning. It would be very easy for someone to turn up with a unit and do a basic map and wash their hands of it all. To do a great map will require dedication and some graft and if the current state of play is anything to go by that's looking unlikely - especially as the tone on this thread has not been diplomatic enough to maintain a good working relationship. I.e. saying 'someone has really pi**ed me off' is refreshingly honest but not condusive to good relations once we kick things off.

If you want to defer by two weeks, that's fine, but please let me know an actual date. The price is still good and am happy with that. Also; can you check on your next call to make sure he's happy tuning with connections to aftermarket AFM gauges? The Utec is happy with both Zeitronix and the AEM UEGO but I'm not sure if that's something he needs to know in advance.

How are we supposed to know that you are in south east asia? We are not your secretary mate ;) I would have PMd you but as you, I am quite busy and away from home too... I haven't got your phone number and my phone bill is quite interesting already with all these US calls...

I agree with you with regards to the support people will need once Jermaine goes back home, and his behviour doesn't bode well from that side. With regards to being diplomatic, that's bollox, to be refreshingly honest ;)

Stephen, I told Jermaine straight on the phone that he pi**ed me off and that was not the way to behave in the first place. he knows he should have advised earlier than 2 weeks before that he couldn't have got hold of the number of units we requested more than 5 weeks ago. He also knows very well the lenghts myself and the Italian guy (organising it from there) went to, holidays booked, they had cars coming from TARANTO to VERONA (check that out on the map of Italy mate, nevermind manchester-essex), I even provided him with travel agent-like services etc. with flights, hotels etc all ready to be booked. We even let him have a Z roadster for him to drive when he arrived over here? Yeah, let's be diplomatic and bend over, shall we? We are interested in his product and services but they should equally be interested, trust me when I say they just don't come here to do us a favour mate...

With regards to your own circumnstances with your Z configuration, best thing is to ring him/email him (better ring him) directly and get the reassurance yourself as I suggested to Dorian mate, unfortunately I would not really know what I'd be talking about and don't want to risk misunderstanding something.

How soon would this thing actually arrive? I would just be after the Utec, Map sensor and Map switch. I'll take car of the tuning my end. Need something for boost control as well, will have to look into that.