How hard is it to change a tyre?

HEADPHONES

Can any tyre fitter change a tyre without damaging a rim or does the average equipment they have make scratching the rim unavoidable?

With my OEM 18's the tyres were changed twice and each time damage occurred.

First time they scored the rim around the bolt holes with careless socket use.

Second time and different fitter left claw marks where the machine clamps grasped the edge of the rim.

Luckily when I got my LMGT4s a work colleague introduced me to her cousin who owned a tyre place and all was well.No marks. No worries. But now he's sold up and disappeared.

There's a new tyre place near work.

Guy changed tyres on my wife's 15" Mini rims OK.

Just don't know whether to trust him with my 19" Nismo's.

Popular concern man, I know a lot of people that are militant about this sort of thing.

They insist on being there when the tyres are removed, which I suppose induces more care taken by 'John' the tyre guy, who's 15.

Have a polite word with the tyre fitter before he touches your car and if he goes near it with any air wrench stop him. I always stand by the fitter and have a chat with him. Never had a problem. Get them on your side. Any tyre fitting outlet that tells you to take a seat in the waiting area due to health and safety reasons just walk away from before they go near your car.