Help - Oil Light

JackStrong

What year is the car? It's worth noting that the revup engines (2006? I think that's the right one?) have been known to burn oil, so if that's the case you may want to keep a keen eye on the levels... just ask Octet how many litres he went though at Wales last year. ;)

Yeah mines a 56 plate and i burn about 1L per 1000 miles, known issue so its worth keeping an eye on. Not quite as bad as Adrian's was though.... :lol:

• Like 1

What year is the car? It's worth noting that the revup engines (2006? I think that's the right one?) have been known to burn oil, so if that's the case you may want to keep a keen eye on the levels... just ask Octet how many litres he went though at Wales last year. ;)

Yeah mines a 56 plate and i burn about 1L per 1000 miles, known issue so its worth keeping an eye on. Not quite as bad as Adrian's was though.... :lol:

Try changing your oil. I changed from using motul and castrol edge to Fuchs Titan race pro and it's cured my oil burning issue. I used to burn a litre every 2k but that was high revving and giving it the beans. I barely use any now.

• Like 1

Try changing your oil. I changed from using motul and castrol edge to Fuchs Titan race pro and it's cured my oil burning issue. I used to burn a litre every 2k but that was high revving and giving it the beans. I barely use any now.

So you really need to change the sticker on your car :p

So you really need to change the sticker on your car :p

Still getting cheap brake fluids :p

I'm intrigued to know why Fuchs Titan Race Pro doesn't burn like the previous brands.

Not too sure mate. Possibly a better quality of oil and able to withstand higher temps? I'm unsure.

Mobil1 was the worst out of any oils i've used

I a a new 350z owner - I only do about 5k miles a year (maybe more now)! How often should I check oil level and what oil should I use to top up, does it have to be a specific type? Don't want my oil light coming on :) thanks

you should use a 5w-30 fully synthetic, i personally use fuchs titan pro-s, i think its brilliant stuff but its not cheap. check it weekly or fortnightly its up to you, the more regular the better, better safe than sorry

• Like 1