Help - Oil Light

JackStrong

Even if they didn't touch it, you were miles under the oil limit before it went in I suspect.

How often do you check your oil? Honestly?

Exactly this ^ - you can't really blame a garage if you've run a car low on oil for up to 3k miles.

i can see alot of luv above! genuinely people pretty much yelling change your oil!

this forum is pretty flame proof i noticed ;)

We are trying to be nice, but this seems like a major case of owner neglect :blush:

Even if they didn't touch it, you were miles under the oil limit before it went in I suspect.

How often do you check your oil? Honestly?

Exactly this ^ - you can't really blame a garage if you've run a car low on oil for up to 3k miles.

i can see alot of luv above! genuinely people pretty much yelling change your oil!

this forum is pretty flame proof i noticed ;)

We are trying to be nice, but this seems like a major case of owner neglect :blush:

honestly id be scared to see that car on ebay! woiuld hate to think people jump ship if they know they potentially fried their engine!

I dont really appreciate that comment DaveParkin, think you can bugger off if im honest.

Instead of telling him to get lost it might have been a better idea to tell us why it isn't a case of neglect. You could certainly understand that some people might think that but then we are not in full possession of the facts, you however are. There is genuine concern here for your situation and I think most people are trying to help.
  • Like 1

Exactly though, without knowing the full facts why conclude major case of owner neglect :blush:, its just rude.

I dont really appreciate that comment DaveParkin, think you can bugger off if im honest.

hows it coming along, i believe people are genuinely interested to see whats happened here ? ;)

The car seems to running fine, pressure readings look ok. I am getting it up on the ramps next week to flush it out.

Exactly though, without knowing the full facts why conclude major case of owner neglect :blush:, its just rude.

hows it coming along, i believe people are genuinely interested to see whats happened here ? ;)

The car seems to running fine, pressure readings look ok. I am getting it up on the ramps next week to flush it out.

Jack, please accept my apologies for jumping to that conclusion - I can see haw that could have caused offence, and I don't want to get into a war of words.

Similarly, in this case it seems that the garage may also be wrongly accused of not servicing the car correctly without knowing all of the facts about that.

Good luck with the car, and provided the oil pressure is now ok, the oil consumption hasn't reached ridiculous levels and there are no new horrible knocking sounds form the engine, you might just have got away with it.

Once again, sorry for any offence caused. :flowers:

• Like 1

No worries Dave, where fine. :boxing:

I may not be to the same level as lots of you on here, the whole check the oil every trip etc, but I do look after my car.

Those may remember a thread a while back about the garage; I had a full service and got them to change the rear drop links. They chopped the front off instead and then wanted me to help pay as i wanted them to replace them with new ones. After I made a right fuss it was resolved but since then ive been finding little reminders that the mechanic was a prick. Including damaging my rota gtr's when changing the tyres then over tightening the nuts, which took me a 5 foot attachment on the wrench to get them off! ............Hence my feelings that the garage aint the best.

No worries Dave, where fine. :boxing:

I may not be to the same level as lots of you on here, the whole check the oil every trip etc, but I do look after my car.

Those may remember a thread a while back about the garage; I had a full service and got them to change the rear drop links. They chopped the front off instead and then wanted me to help pay as i wanted them to replace them with new ones. After I made a right fuss it was resolved but since then ive been finding little reminders that the mechanic was a prick. Including damaging my rota gtr's when changing the tyres then over tightening the nuts, which took me a 5 foot attachment on the wrench to get them off! ............Hence my feelings that the garage aint the best.

And you went back to them? :scare:

What year is the car? It's worth noting that the revup engines (2006? I think that's the right one?) have been known to burn oil, so if that's the case you may want to keep a keen eye on the levels... just ask Octet how many litres he went though at Wales last year. ;)

I`d want to know where its all gone in 3000 miles.

Get the service invoice out and see if it mentions how much they put in. If thats correct then you could go back and tell them whats happened and ask them to check if its leaking...oil filter, sump plug etc. Dont just leave it as if its a lose filter thats leaking it could suddenly come off and lose all the oil in one go.

Have you had the car longer than the 3000 miles and did it use oil before the service ?

If not and its not leaking then keep an eye on it as this amount of oil usage is not normal.

How many miles has the car done in total ?

So how often do you check the oil then?

Probably more than me tbh. I used to check every time I used the car (I don't use it much), but that's got less and less often as I keep reading it as full and it never uses a drop, then again it's only done 23k miles.

So how often do you check the oil then?

Probably more than me tbh. I used to check every time I used the car (I don't use it much), but that's got less and less often as I keep reading it as full and it never uses a drop, then again it's only done 23k miles.

Yours and mine are both HRs, and I've found the same - it just doesn't use any oil at all.

• Like 1