Anyone want to go shares on a Centrafuse CarPC License?

mattross1313

Long shot, but worth an ask.

I am midway through building a car PC and might have to get a legit copy of Centrafuse to combat some issues. Is anyone else out there building a Car PC or will be soon?

Do you fancy going shares on a license? A full legit copy comes with 2(or maybe 3) activation's so we could each save a few quid and get one between us.

Matt :)

It's a program that runs on a small PC that allows you to control media etc. I am building a CarPC ATM which will run my music, videos, sat nav, ODBII monitoring, wifi etc etc. Centrafuse is a nice touch screen friendly front end to control everything.

http://www.centrafuse.com/us/

I have a cracked copy from ages ago but struggling to install plugings. It's around £45 and can run 2 computers with it.

Do you have to buy a touch screen then?

Presumably this software runs off windows and then just launches a GUI that you can interact with, and has all the different modules/hardware/software running on the pc?

I guess you need Bluetooth and so on so that you can interact with your phone, and install a GPS receiver on the pc too?

Seems interesting, although not much help to you now I'd be keen to see your progress on this kit when you make a start on it,

Correct - it is just a front end GUI for a pc, pretty much used for in-car.

You dont have to use a touchscreen, but if its in a car when you are driving a mouse/keyboard would be hard work hehe.

I have bought the bare bone components - ram, motherboard, harddrive, power etc. i will mount it all in the glove box - along the USB gps receiver, obd2 plugin and other connections for music etc.

• 3 months later...

Haha I know :)

1.6ghz dual core Atom processor

2gb Ram with an extra slot to upgrade to 4gb

m2-atx power supply - (need to make the pc start up (and shut down) correctly when you turn the ignition key)

80GB fast hard drive.

OBD2 Scanner - this give you engine readouts ect and works through bluetooth

Windows 7 installed

it also has a front end of Centrafuse which is perfect for incar use......