G1 Clear Vision Smart Glass

delz0r

Got my G1 kit the other day from eBay. Just waiting for the weekend now and a dry day to apply it. Has ironically been raining here in Wales all week. :lol:

Heh nice. The main thing is preparing the windscreen properly first. Give it a good deep clean before using the polish.

Got my G1 kit the other day from eBay. Just waiting for the weekend now and a dry day to apply it. Has ironically been raining here in Wales all week. :lol:

Heh nice. The main thing is preparing the windscreen properly first. Give it a good deep clean before using the polish.

I would highly recommend using super fine (0000) steel / wire wool. It may sound odd rubbing your windscreen with this but trust me it won't scratch and it really gets all the marks off.

• Like 1

I would highly recommend using super fine (0000) steel / wire wool. It may sound odd rubbing your windscreen with this but trust me it won't scratch and it really gets all the marks off.

Thanks for the heads up both. ;) I've actually got some Isopropanol from work so I'm pretty sure that will get most debris/deposits off. The weathers not looking good still for the weekend though so it will be probably next summer by the time I get a chance to do this anyway. :lol:

Well, it is too wet for a detail but treated my helmets visor to a layer for my kart day at Buckmore park tomorrow

I got lucky today as I finish work at 2:30 on Friday's and there was a dry spell. I gave my 350 a full clean/wash/dry & then put it in the garage afterwards. Applied the G1 to all my windows whilst it was in the garage so just got to wait and see next time it rains what it's actually like.

Well it's been raining heavily here all afternoon/evening and all I can say is that I think GTechniq G1 is fantastic stuff. So glad I gave it ago after delz0r's recommendation. Water is just flying off the windscreen like never before so well worth trying imo. ;)

It's awesome isn't it? :thumbs: It's good to see this post helped someone.

Right, so I applied Autobrite hellshine ghost rider yesterday and am very impressed.

Applied after cleaning the glass with pain.

Two layers, after ten minutes it hazed up a treat.

Was worried as if this was rain x or g1 it would be a beast to remove. Looked thick Tbh.

Anyway, with trepidation I began buffing it off... And found buffing wasn't necessary! In fact, took 2 mins to remove if that.

Water won't stick to the glass at all and is tightly beading. 25mph is enough to start clearing it off too. Will try to take pics but very impressed. Longevity needs testing but, Tbh, if it lasts weeks rather than months I don't care. So easy to use and repels water amazingly

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

G1 is quoted to last up to 2 years (although 1 is much more realistic), Ghost Rider seems to be much more comparable to G5 than G1. From Downhuman's description Ghost Rider would appear to be easier to apply than G5 so I'll be interested to see how it lasts compared to that rather than compared to G1.

Currently using G5 on mine, it's similar application to the PIAA stuff but a thicker liquid so it takes a bit more buffing once dried too so if Ghost Rider gives similar or better durability I'll be looking at that next. Unless someone perfects a 'pour on' product before then...

• 2 weeks later...