Annoying clunking noise from front suspension

370Ad

Noticeable when braking at slow speeds and when the car has been stationary for a while.

Tried rocking the car when stationary but can't re create. I am thinking anti roll bar but only replaced drop links in November!

Any ideas guru's?!

constant clunking as in wheel speed related or just the odd clunk?

He asks again :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: I've reported the duplicate post (the other one) so let's continue on here

I expect the next post to be " bloody iPhone" :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Like 2

constant clunking as in wheel speed related or just the odd clunk?

He asks again :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: I've reported the duplicate post (the other one) so let's continue on here

I expect the next post to be " bloody iPhone" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yep this man has it in one...bloody iPhone!

Just the odd clunk, clunking all the time would be very worrying!

It does happen 100% of the time within 5 seconds of starting the car up though, so seems like the suspension or something is levelling off! Will have a look under the car on the weekend :)

Cheers!

I recon Its banna arm ball joint mate.

Thanks for the advice that's the first thing I will check! :)

I don't think you can easily feel for movement in the ball joint though can you? Hmmm I love the Z but it does have quite a few suspension weak points!

Drop links, compression bush and now potentially ball joint

No they are a pain to check - Think mine have gone/going - problem is only way to be sure is to replace them and they ain't cheap.

The Zed does have some features in the drive train like you say, I don't make mine better by running uprated ARB's and suspension like an iron bar :lol:

Good luck with it hope you get it sorted :thumbs:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well I couldn't actually find anything wrong in the end. Lubbed up the drop links just for the hell of it, still made the noise after though.

Then one evening the mighty heavens opened and I have been creak free for over a week. So I am thinking potential dust build up somewhere as it hasn't rained for so long.....or something is on its way out but the rain magical healed it! That's what I am going with for now anyway ;)

Cheers for all the advice! B)