new mobile phone help

sinbad

Is anyone upto date on mobiles?

I'm due an upgrade and fancy getting hold of a new phone, but which?

I currently have a SE K800i and like all my gadgets, mainly Camera, Bluetooth, music and then internet in that order.

Ive looked at the SE K810, SE W880, N95 and ive heard there's some good LG and Samsungs about.

Which is the best to go for though, or should i wait alittle longer?

Its all baffling :surrender:

Is anyone upto date on mobiles?

I'm due an upgrade and fancy getting hold of a new phone, but which?

I currently have a SE K800i and like all my gadgets, mainly Camera, Bluetooth, music and then internet in that order.

Ive looked at the SE K810, SE W880, N95 and ive heard there's some good LG and Samsungs about.

Which is the best to go for though, or should i wait alittle longer?

Its all baffling :surrender:

I've got the new Samsung D900 which is a nice slim phone and the best all rounder I think. Had it a month or two and at the time there wasn't a lot better around.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/products/mobilephones/mobilephones/sgh_d900zkao2u.asp

Also the new Ultra Edition Samsungs are nice.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/products/mobilephones/mobilephones/sgh_u600hbao2u.asp

I looked at the new Sony Ericssons but they are oriented towards music on phones, therefore a lot of the techie phone features were missing. Either that or the keys were crap for actually using for texts etc....

I had a SE K750i before and just wanted something that was a bloody good all round phone, but not worried about a music player

Anyway the Samsung D900 will do all that you want, although it may have some slightly better competiion now.....

I know the N95 is meant to be good, but too chunky to be carrying around all the time.......

i work for Nokia so might be slightly biased B)

I guess it depends what you need out of the phone, do you use lots of applications or things like the music player and camera?

If you want a simple phone there is the 6300 (slim, stainless, monoblock)

E65, slim 3g slide

When are you due to change as there some seriously nice products from Nokia coming in the next 3-4 months (which haven't been publicly announced yet)

i work for Nokia so might be slightly biased B)

I guess it depends what you need out of the phone, do you use lots of applications or things like the music player and camera?

If you want a simple phone there is the 6300 (slim, stainless, monoblock)

E65, slim 3g slide

When are you due to change as there some seriously nice products from Nokia coming in the next 3-4 months (which haven't been publicly announced yet)

And you can give us them for free? Maybe for a trial?

Not as such, but if you like the sirocco there will be something that should appeal to you in terms of design and look and feel.

Sorry, can't be more specific but its only 7 days now.

Also, for those that liked the sirrocco but not the price, do a google for 8600 Luna B)

I agree :teeth:

Though that one is aimed at people who can't quite afford a sirocco, bit like the non GT version of the Zed

Watch the Nokia site next week though, if you like your current phone i think you will like whats announced

PM me a pic :teeth:

I like the look of the U600. I really need one with at least 3MP camera, as i use this the most i guess hence why i got the K800i.

The D900 looks good to but the last time i had a samsung i found the software alittle slow. have they improved?

The D900 looks good to but the last time i had a samsung i found the software alittle slow. have they improved?

Yeah seems fine at the moment. Its my first samsung after the SE and took a little getting used to. You can't tailor the menus as much as the SE but its fine....

You can still jump in front of it with hotkeys (numbers) but I haven't had any major probs. Oh and the battery life is ace!

Only downpoint so far is its been a bit temperamental with the car's bluetooth. But I actually think thats down to the way it shows connected with it...... seemed to work so far.