GT4 electronic exhaust valve timing control.

MickJ

The GT4 is the zippiest 350Z Nissan has yet sold in the UK. The award winning 3.5-litre V6 motor gets revised pistons and camshaft as well as electronic exhaust valve timing control. This helps produce another 20PS to give 300P

Bit of blurb from the spec, but what does this valve control thingy actually do?

It is like a VTEC system on a honda, or VVT on Toyota.

After Combustion process in the cylinder the exhaust valve opening will be controlled by an electronic system which monitors engine speed, throttle position, Air flow etc... and decide the optimun valve opening height, and time to remain open, overlap to the inlet valve opening etc...

so that at any engine speed, drive condition, you get the optimum exhaust gas discharge and allow more fresh air and fuel into the cylinder, improving the combustion process and getting a few extra horses along the way...

that's my theory anyway... :teeth:

The GT4 is the zippiest 350Z Nissan has yet sold in the UK. The award winning 3.5-litre V6 motor gets revised pistons and camshaft as well as electronic exhaust valve timing control. This helps produce another 20PS to give 300P

Bit of blurb from the spec, but what does this valve control thingy actually do?

It just means that as your car is yellow it develops 20 more BHP B)

As usual, Sarnie provides the scientific answer........... :teeth:

What about the black ones? :p

The latest Valve Control system is called VVEL

Variable Valve Event Lift or somthing like this ...

but essentially a similar system...

for the geek inside of you... :p

Will be applied on the G37 just released... I am not sure (can't remeber) if the VQ35HR on 07MY will have VVEL

:lol:

Just 'cos you didn't have an altercation on your journey over to karting last night doesn't mean you have to start one here :lol:

True though, the yellow is for sure an in-yer-face colour. Black's the Stealth Bomber. B)

Well mine loks like a wasp this morning because the front is completely black with splattered bugs. I tore up the A50 last night back home. :blush: