Y- Pipe flow question?????????

drginger

Can't seem to find an answer for this anywhere but my question i pose to you is this....

Which DESIGN of y pipe would flow better/ give more sound, either the japspeed design where most of the length of the pipes are in 2.5" and then meet up right at the end to change to 3"..

Or the Cobra design where the 2.5" pipes meet much earlier and then the main length of the pipe is in 3"???

Ps this is not brand related and i know japspeed are poo just interested in what experience people have in this!!

its hard to tell really, as an N/A engine needs a certain amount of back pressure to work properly it might differ between the two.an exhaust is only as free flowing as the smallest part I suppose so it might not matter as they both go from 2.5" to 3". the sound might differ with different resonance and stuff. id go with the cobra personally as the quality is so much better than the japspeed. my japspeed looked like it had been run in the see after a week and blew at the flexis after a couple of months where my cobras been on for about 6 months now and looks nearly new

Stillen all the way, cobras is good but stillen is cheaper than the Cobra now and it doesn't have Flexis that fail. ( Cobra gives two years warranty on flexis)

I've been selling them on here for three years with zero issues, having said that no issues with the Cobras either

If you want noise then replacing your cats will make more difference

drginger, whichever Y pipe you decide to go for you'll get great advice and service from both Tarmac and CS who've responded here. I personally have the a Stillen which works well for me, although the Cobra does sound good also

• Like 1

Motordyne XYZ is also an option, think Smudgeon still has 1 for sale on here as well. :thumbs:

I think that went recently......

But yeah, us Motordyne b!tches will of course say the XYZ.

Haydn, got my TDX V2 fitted now..... "sex wee"!!

Motordyne XYZ is also an option, think Smudgeon still has 1 for sale on here as well. :thumbs:

I think that went recently......

But yeah, us Motordyne b!tches will of course say the XYZ.

Haydn, got my TDX V2 fitted now..... "sex wee"!!

Oooooh I want to hear it! :(

p.s: don't have the XYZ on my car anymore. :(