Anyone with Mines or RT replica splitter fitted

Pnthrblkzs

Could anyone who has a Mines or RT replica splitter fitted tell me if the centre part of the splitter that covers the centre lip of the bumper covers the full lip?

I seem to have a gap where the splitter finishes and the black plastic slotted grill starts, as i have a silver car it stands out like a sore thumb.

I assumed upon inspection in the body shop this was normal (as it is an RT performance splitter being fitted by RT perfromance) so didn't question it, what i didn't notice until getting home was that the gap is slightly larger on the near side and i'm now thinking the splitter is faulty

Thanks, Jon

Edited by Pnthrblkzs

I'll have to get some pictures tonight after work.

I've had a browse on the forum trying to see fitted pictures of the splitters on other cars and i don't notice a gap in other peoples

It's a pre facelift car if that makes a difference too.

There is a gap in mine but only because I had to have my RT Mines-alike splitter trimmed back because I have a Zun-sport grille fitted. I took it all apart, painted my lower bumper bar black and then re-assembled as the GM bumper bar was, as you say, very obvious.

As far as I recall the splitter should actually cover the entire top side of the lower bumper bar - but RT Perf will give you a better answer than me!

David

Thanks for the input, thats a little more re-assuring.

I was thinking about power coating the bumper bar to disguise the gap a little.

I wouldn't say i have a slight gap though :shrug:

I'll get a picture on here this evening

I take it you mean Spraying or PlastiDip. Powder coating will result in a pile of melted plastic lol.

I personally think they are a crap fitment. But you can get around it.

The visible exposure of the original colour is more visible on pre-facelift then the facelift.

DSC00941_zpsc74afdaa.jpg

Unfortunately this is how the original product was hence the replication was exactly the same.

To amend that would mean adding to the cost and our aim was to sell what was out there at a lower price.

After trying 3 front lips we chose the one with the best fit to the bumper to replicate.

The most common way for people to overcome this was to paint or change the colour of the lip to black as stated above.

Thanks for the offer :thumbs:, thinking about it i'll get some gloss black wrap as it will match the colour of the splitter better.

I'm getting worried i have too many shades of grey and black on my car already having silver paintwork, gun metal wheels, gun metal badges, gloss black splitter, if i add carbon wrap too it'll start to look a bit patchwork won't it......mmmmm.