Anyone used this site for detailing products?

holtehero

Been looking at what i need to get to look after the car, as with the company one i just put it through the car wash twice a month on expenses

Not planning to do that and want to do a proper job on my own car. Found this site in the USA that seems to be well priced with the current exchange rate - unless of course the postage is ridiculous

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/index.html

Figured, i would need

- Two buckets

- Shampoo

- Wash mit

- Drying towel

- Clay bar kit (when i decide to clean the paint)

- Buffing cloths (for buffing clay, polish and wax)

- Polish

- Polish application pads

- Wax

- Wheel cleaner

- Wheel sealant

- Glass cleaner

- Leather protector

- Tyre Cleaner

- Wheel and body brushes

Other option i guess is to not buy all of this gear, but have it fully detailed by a professional twice a year and then wash it weekly and polish it regularly myself, plus of course regular maintenance of the alloys, tyres and interior.

Opinions please as this is kind of new to me :thumbs:

Been looking at what i need to get to look after the car, as with the company one i just put it through the car wash twice a month on expenses

Not planning to do that and want to do a proper job on my own car. Found this site in the USA that seems to be well priced with the current exchange rate - unless of course the postage is ridiculous

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/index.html

Figured, i would need

- Two buckets

- Shampoo

- Wash mit

- Drying towel

- Clay bar kit (when i decide to clean the paint)

- Buffing cloths (for buffing clay, polish and wax)

- Polish

- Polish application pads

- Wax

- Wheel cleaner - not necessarily needed, water is good

- Wheel sealant - if new then yes, need to be careful sealing dirt in

- Glass cleaner

- Leather protector - leather cleaner would be good before this

- Tyre Cleaner

- Wheel and body brushes - body brush?

Other option i guess is to not buy all of this gear, but have it fully detailed by a professional twice a year and then wash it weekly and polish it regularly myself, plus of course regular maintenance of the alloys, tyres and interior.

Opinions please as this is kind of new to me :thumbs:

I've put my comments above. :)

I'd add a grit guard if you can, and some interior shampoo for carpets. I use www.cleanandshiny.co.uk

As for cleaning it yourself or having it detailed, that's up to you, if you want to spend the time doing it yourself. In a fairly short space of time after trying different products for yourself you could get some pretty impressive results.

Yeah I used them a few weeks ago. Excellent prices & quick delivery. Use the discount code "International" to save 10% and customs charges :)

Thanks all :teeth:

I looked at the valet store and alot of things seemed to be sold out, also found clean and shiny so plan on using a combination of the two

• 2 months later...