Irritating beeping door open noise from ignition!!! Help

rickya

Every time im cleaning the interior (like now)! & want to listen to some music I keep geting that incesent beeping noise from the ignition. This is reminding me that the doors are open & ignition is on. Well obviously to listen to the radio I need ignition & I dont want to die of heat stroke with the doors closed!!! :yuck::yuck:

Any way to turn that dam noise of, short of pulling out a fuse!

Is there a way of getting the radio to work without needing to turn the ignition part way? I've had radios in other cars where I didn't need to put the key in to switch it on. Just an idea?

Is there a way of getting the radio to work without needing to turn the ignition part way? I've had radios in other cars where I didn't need to put the key in to switch it on. Just an idea?

I should have wired mine in to a constant DC supply rather than using an ignition sourced one :dry: cant be arsed to take it out again to do it now though :)

I think thats the only way Tim, to get permenant live connection for radio. The problem is ignition has to go full twist 3rd pos for radio to come on, which means all electrics come on inc fuel pump & other blemin things.

Anyway interior all clean now, hoover, dash cleaner sprayed everywhere, seats cleaned with damp cloth & leather cream slopped on. Autoglym leather cream IMO is needed this time of the year with temperatures rising & Nissan leather a bit crap

Thanks for suggestions guys & gal!

the beep is 'in the gauges', it is well annoying and sounds like some tacky chinese alarm clock.

If you take tha gauages apart you can unsolder it. . . . . i saw it when i was converting my speedo to mph, but i left it.

Jamie

Blemin eck mate, is there anything you dont do yourself!!!

ps hows the spare key comming along?

LOL ricky

aint recieved it just yet. Ordered it from IRS couple of weeks ago. Ill let you know how i get on

Jamie

the beep is 'in the gauges', it is well annoying and sounds like some tacky chinese alarm clock.

If you take tha gauages apart you can unsolder it. . . . . i saw it when i was converting my speedo to mph, but i left it.

Jamie

Blemin eck mate, is there anything you dont do yourself!!!

ps hows the spare key comming along?