Nismo spoiler fitting question

hensh65

Just bought a replica nismo spoiler on the unbeatable ebay, it is coming already sprayed in sunset orange.

I am hoping it will be quite a good match as I just spent way too much getting an HR bonnet so wanting this to go smoothly. If the match isn't perfect I will get it wrapped in black which should be ok as I have a black roof and tints.

The question is what is left under the oem spoiler, the base of the nismo wont cover all the area of the old spoiler so will I get away with not spraying the boot?

Do the holes from the OEM spoiler match up with the nismo?

As it is a wider base have people drilled the boot for the rest of the spoile or went to the adhesive route?

Cheers

Cover the oem spoiler and its up to you if you drill 2 extra holes for the other 2 bolts.

People have used the oem bolt holes (x2) and glued it down.

I used to have a civic type s 07 and glued the type r spoiler on, no bolts.

Would muh prefer that than drilling into the boot!

The question is what is left under the oem spoiler, the base of the nismo wont cover all the area of the old spoiler so will I get away with not spraying the boot?

Cheers

As long as you don't damage the paintwork removing the OEM spoiler then there shouldn't be a problem. The OEM spoiler is bonded on and over the years there'll be a build up of grit and general gunge that will have found its way underneath the spoiler. The garage that fitted mine used a screwdriver to remove the old one, damaging the paintwork and putting a couple of small dents in the bodywork. They also damaged the burger badge by using it as a base to lever the old spoiler up, although they did fix it all up in the end. My spoiler is also a replica and a very good fit, I bought it from Alex but one of the bolts was about 2/3mms out of position so you may have to drill one of the pre drilled holes out to get it to fit square on.

Pete

Cheers

As long as you don't damage the paintwork removing the OEM spoiler then there shouldn't be a problem. The OEM spoiler is bonded on and over the years there'll be a build up of grit and general gunge that will have found its way underneath the spoiler. The garage that fitted mine used a screwdriver to remove the old one, damaging the paintwork and putting a couple of small dents in the bodywork. They also damaged the burger badge by using it as a base to lever the old spoiler up, although they did fix it all up in the end. My spoiler is also a replica and a very good fit, I bought it from Alex but one of the bolts was about 2/3mms out of position so you may have to drill one of the pre drilled holes out to get it to fit square on.

Pete

Thanks for that Pete, hopefully will get away with not spraying the boot ! !