Wipers turn on when car started

stu1986

Hi all

Not sure if anyone else has this problem, I have got my wipers on auto but for some reason 80% of the time I start my car the wipers activate but not sure why, there's nothing in front of the sensor so don't know why, anyone else have this problem?

Had the same issue with my qashqai. The sensor will trigger the wipers if you get dish/sand flying up on your windscreen. Not sure if true but nissan told me it detects light and pressure changes on the glass which it would expect with rain and its normal it get the occasional misfire at times.

Anyway as I say had a very similar issue with the QQ the sensor and something else was replaced under warrantee and not had the issue since, if you can get it back to nissan for them to take a look

Strange, it SHOULD (logic would say) be a physical water sensor. Way back in the days of 206's my GTI had auto wipers, the sensor was in the rear mirror stalk. You could cover the sensor up, blow on it, push it, shout at it, but nothing aside from getting it wet would trigger the wipers. It even worked it you licked your finger and hold it on the sensor, but as I say, didn't work when your finger was dry.