Wheel offset advice?

Fluke

I am looking at fitting a new set of wheels they are 18 x 8 ET38 front and 18 x 9 ET35 rears.

I currently have standard touring alloys with 30mm rear spacers and 20mm front. I know the back spacers will have to go, but am I likely to run into any problems with the off sets? what size tyres would be ideal for the rear?

OEM tyre size will be fine on these mate. For a flush look with the Z for an everyday car I think around ET20-25 is about right

Obviously it depends on the wheel width and as yours are slightly narrower than others the spacers you have already should be ok!

Or for best results get wheels that don't need spacers! :) some people say you can't tell the difference but I could unfortunately :(

Edited by 350Ad

Standards are 8J et30 all round, Rays are 8J et30 front and 8.5 et32-(i think?) rear. Most put 20/25mm spacers on those rims making them et10/15 or et10/17 for rays.

With these other rims and your spacers, you have 8.5 et15 fronts and 9.0 et18 rears which will all fit fine :thumbs:

• Like 1

I thought the rears were 8.5" as standard, so with the 9" rears that's wider not narrower?

is the 35/38 offset going to cause any issues?

Sorry to be clearer I meant narrower than most aftermarket alloys people put on.

Personally I would look for a wheel with a stronger offset but if you like these then just rock the spacers :)

Man above is correct apart from ET33 for rear Rays :D