driving lights,YES or NO ?

nap

looking at this car,i just love the looks.a little VIP.very similar to my front bumper and was thinking of doing the same with the lights,but just the one each side and not the two.

What do you think ?http://T2eC16hHJGoE9nuQhn5vBQJYGO6Q60_57_zps359080d1.jpg

I think he is more Jean Micheal Jarre than Close Encounters....

I was trying to find the helicopter with the big lights but couldn't find an image for it... maybe I was thinking of a different film? :shrug:

Am not a fan in general of daylight running lights as I think it makes it harder to judge approach speed - but that could just be my ageing eyes...! My view has always been if you need your lights ON to help others become aware of your presence then use the switch (ditto for indicators...)

David

I was trying to find the helicopter with the big lights but couldn't find an image for it... maybe I was thinking of a different film? :shrug:

Am not a fan in general of daylight running lights as I think it makes it harder to judge approach speed - but that could just be my ageing eyes...! My view has always been if you need your lights ON to help others become aware of your presence then use the switch (ditto for indicators...)

David

Strange, the idea is to make it easier. Same reason why motorbikers have headlights on all the time, to make you see them faster.

Personally, I like the looks, has nothing to do with the safety aspect. BUT, I don't like the ones in the OP's picture, reminds me of the fog lights on something like a jeep's bull bars.

Edited by cs2000

David

Strange, the idea is to make it easier. Same reason why motorbikers have headlights on all the time, to make you see them faster.

Personally, I like the looks, has nothing to do with the safety aspect. BUT, I don't like the ones in the OP's picture, reminds me of the fog lights on something like a jeep's bull bars.

I think it is even harder to judge closing speed and distance when a motorbike has the headlamp on as there is only a single reference point that generally is bright enough to effectively hide the rider/bike.

With a car you have two DRLS and there is a narrowing of the field between them as the vehicle approaches which may help but I still think it is overall harder to judge distance/speed in good ambient lighting conditions with DRLs.

David

David

Unfortunately they are a requirement on new cars from 2011 :sorry:

The helicopter sent to communicate with the big ship in Independence Day. I can't find a decent image though!

The helicopter sent to communicate with the big ship in Independence Day. I can't find a decent image though!

That'd be it:

inday1.jpg

Could've sworn they had lights in close encounters as well though, in time with the music?