front number plate removal

flirt

anyone took the front plate off and bracket/? whats behind just two screw holes? anyone had it filled? what options are there?

I've taken mine off :thumbs:

RIMS019.jpg

Once you've pulled or unscrewed the plate from the bracket, there are two mounting screws to be undone. Once you've undone those two the bracket comes away leaving two holes in the bumper. I attached mine with double sided sticky stuff from Halfrauds :thumbs:

Also does anyone know if the adhesive vinyl type number plates are legal or not? For the front only...

They're not legal as they're not reflective IIRC. My mate had one on his TVR and he never had any issues as it used the right size font etc and you wouldn't notice it IS a stick on unless you were looking for it.

Cheers Sarnie, that's why I put mine back on after I'd cleaned it all up... :dry: Let us know if you find something that does the job. :thumbs:

Also does anyone know if the adhesive vinyl type number plates are legal or not? For the front only...

They're not legal as they're not reflective IIRC. My mate had one on his TVR and he never had any issues as it used the right size font etc and you wouldn't notice it IS a stick on unless you were looking for it.

Cheers Sarnie, that's why I put mine back on after I'd cleaned it all up... :dry: Let us know if you find something that does the job. :thumbs:

I'm sure Sinbad has some stuff. I think he brought it with him to the NW run but I forgot to ask him :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

has anyone tried no more nails on a roll? I've got some which I've used for number plate on son's motorbike no probs but not sure if it's good enough to withstand the bumper bend. It does say it works even on brick etc and holds up to 50kg (per roll) but I have my doubts!

Their blurb:

UniBond No More Nails on a Roll/Strip is an ultra strong, double sided, instant grab tape for easy fast and durable mounting inside and outside.

· Holds up to 50kg per roll / 2.75kg per strip (max bond strength achieved in 24 hours)

· High Temperature resistance: -40°C to +120°C

· Interior and exterior use

· Translucent

Ideal for mounting:

· Hooks

· Signs

· Numbers

· Car number plates

· Pictures

· Cable trunking

· Bathroom accessories

· Car accessories

UniBond No More Nails Bonds:

· Wood

· Ceramic tiles

· Metal

· Brick

· Stone

· Plaster

· Most plastics

dunno really, that was my main concern with sticking anything on there. I mean if you wanted to get the halfords number plate sticky stuff off that's bad enough. I had mega strong velcro on my last car just in case I needed to swap plates - which of course I did when I sold it from my private reg to the normal one.

I wouldnt want to put something too strong on there, it may take the paint off!

Has anyone tried to put their plate in some boiling/warm water to heat it and then bend it? I did this with an old pair of Oakleys to make em fit better and worked a treat :thumbs:

Just heat up some water, whack the plate in for a bit, remove, bend, put under cold water to set. May or may not work, if it goes tits up its not my fault :p

I guess at the end of the day if it's gonna mark your paintwork what's the problem, it's gonna have a plate over it anyway. Got my heavy duty velcro in the post this morning, it's fab stuff, used it before for number plates.