Induction tube knocking against strut brace...

downhuman

Hey chaps

My takeda induction kit (steel pipes) is knocking against the nut of the strut brace - so much so that it has started to wear a hole in the pipe.

I've tried adjusting the pipe position to move it as far away as possible, but it is still hitting it

Any ideas? Can the nut on the strut bar be safely loosened a touch so the 'pointy' bit isn't facing down?

Cheers

Rob

Had the same issue as my engine had to be raised 3cm to stop the S/C hitting the antiroll bar.

In the end we had no option but to tap the intake pipe directly under the corner of the nut that was digging in with a ball hammer.

It's hardly noticable.

However I have taken it off a few times now for various things and recently moved it to the flat position and adjusted it.

powdercoated it and it fits perfect clearing the pipe by mm's.

So I will adjust the strut bar nut so it's flat face points to the tube rather than the pointy side. Think the silicon pipes on the kit are fairly thin and flex easily so maybe a samco reducer I could use instead which would be stiffer and less prone to movement ...

As a quick fix, cut up the wife's hot water bottle (it's summer now anyway) and wedge/bond a small piece of the rubber underneath the cross brace nut. Just a quick fix as raising the brace would be best.

The rubber is thick enough and will not melt (you could probably re-tile the space shuttle with the stuff) had the same problem and this worked for me on my Gen3 intakes.

• Like 1