Exhaust based dilema

r37

right:

After going over a speed hump a bit sharpish im fairly sure ive cracked my y-pipe <<>> cat flange. There's an audible whistle under load and it looks to be completely made of rust anyway. The car has a K1 from the y-pipe back that does rattle but is otherwise in good nick and i'd be reluctant to replace. The dilemma i face is 3 fold:

Do i just get a scorpion y-pipe and have it fitted and leave it at that.

Spend a bit more and replace the whole catback system for something that sounds nice and flows better,

or go the whole hog and book in at horsham for a full exhaust including HFC's, revup and a plenum.

I quite like the invida true dual exhaust and its not too bad price wise, plus i wanted to get the revup/plenum done anyway. Im leaning towards the latter option but the £1700 ish bill is going to be a bit of a killer. and im not too sure if its worth the outlay when a £120 pipe will do. Can anyone recommend getting everything done or should i just get a y-pipe?

Edited by r37

I like my scorpion sound, it is nice and liveable around town and cruising motorway, then livens up when you depress the loud pedal, exactly as it should be IMHO. If I remember rightly Tarmac had a lone motordyne plenum in stock, might be worth a PM if you go for the latter option. Good luck.

• Like 1

Whole hog and then when the K1 is off have it smelted in a local steel works to ensure that it never defiles another car again

+1 for everything. A zed deserves decent parts and an uprev! :teeth: