Nismo and Williams announce partnership

Jalada

Nismo, the recently relaunched performance arm of Nissan, has announced a new engineering partnership with Williams Advanced Engineering to develop high-performance Nismo-branded road cars from 2014 onwards. Nismo is expecting Williams to use its F1 know-how in aerodynamics, simulation and material science to help improve the Nismo line-up.

Source: http://www.autoexpre...nce-partnership

(mod feel free to move if this should be somewhere else...'Nissan Announcements' seemed a very quiet place)

Edited by Jalada

Branding exercise, nothing more.

I can't see any reason why Nismo, who have an incredibly successful and talented team of engineers working on many racing projects across various platforms including the current GT-R, would need mass involvement from Williams to put some go-faster bits on some otherwise uninspiring (Zed and GT-R excepted) road cars.

Or maybe I'm just too cynical.

I'd tend to agree. The delta wing didn't seem to slouch, and the new Nismo 0 emission racer is taking part in LM24 next year. Seems a bit odd considering that Infiniti are primary sponsor for RedBull.