Plasti-dip my Rays

KuroKiddo

Plasti-dipped my wheels last night. 3 coats of matt black and a light coat of gold metaliser to give it a bronze colour. To be honest I think I will paint them in that colour in the long term, but it was easy and cheap enough to plasti dip them to see what it's like.

3DD34FFB-526C-48CD-A6D2-1C4380D2A404-11552-00000D32AB764546.jpg

Good job, really like the colour. How many cans was that?

One and a half can for 3 coats of black, to be honest the gold metalizer was the wrong one for bronze, need the copper metalizer instead, so the colour isn't even when it's up close as I'm trying to apply a thin coat of gold and thin coat of black on top for the bronze look. Gonna mask it up again and just spray them matt black till I get them painted in dark bronze.

thats very little cans wise, last time I did mine on another car it was 3 cans for 4 corners, but i did about 5 light coats. Im going to be doing my Z wheels in the next few days im expecting about 3 cans, maybe slightly less as they are nice simple designs without too many edges

• 3 weeks later...

Guys since I've posted up the picture I've took it off and put another 4 matt black coats on it. The finish is good although its hard to cover the sliver lip between the tyres and the wheels.

And today I try washing the wheels, being as careful as I could, but the plasti dip is actually coming off in thin layers? Some bits of the silver is actually showing up! So I guess I will just get them powder coated soon. Save all the messing about plus it chips easily when removing wheel nuts etc. Just have to decide either dark bronze or matt black as I like both.

Edited by KuroKiddo