Heaters

Shaun1982

Evening peeps.

Been meaning to post this for a while but kept forgetting.

Unless my temp dial is set at the very bottom click I get pretty warm air coming through. There's no in between in the car, it's either cold or from one more notch up it's hot, probably guess what the temp should be when around the 22/25 mark.

Obviously I'm thinking it's goosed. Are they expensive do we know?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

how do you do that? mine is cold all the time apart when its full up and even then its not that warm

+1 Mine too.

Kaizer, how do you do the 'self-test' that you speak of? Is the interior temp sensor easy to change if it is (as Shaun says) "goosed"?

Found this:

"Either the in car temp sensor or the temp sensor in front of the car has been left unplugged. Is the word ICY on 3 instrument cluster? that is the outside sensor open circuit. The covering under the steering wheel has the in cabin temp sensor and tube that pulls air by that sensor two wire white plug, Plug it back in. Proper procedure would have been to enter diagnostics on the (auto climate control display) to read out the code numbers. Good Luck"

Worth a try :shrug:

how do you do that? mine is cold all the time apart when its full up and even then its not that warm

+1 Mine too.

Kaizer, how do you do the 'self-test' that you speak of? Is the interior temp sensor easy to change if it is (as Shaun says) "goosed"?

Self diagnosis procedure is different on cars (year and type) so if you need the right one: PM me with your VIN number and I send you the instructions :)

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Revive - did anybody bottom this out?

My 2005 jdm has the same symptoms. :-(

It has driven my usual air con engineer mad to the point he has handed it back!

Really want this sorting with summer coming - is there anybody out there who considers themselves an expert who could sort this? Or provide easy to follow instructions...

Revive - did anybody bottom this out?

My 2005 jdm has the same symptoms. :-(

It has driven my usual air con engineer mad to the point he has handed it back!

Really want this sorting with summer coming - is there anybody out there who considers themselves an expert who could sort this? Or provide easy to follow instructions...

If you are close enough to my garage pop in for a free diagnostic check ;)

That's a very kind offer Kaizer Motor - thank you - and one I would dearly like to take you up on if I didn't live 211 miles from your workshop!

I shall see if I can get some business appointments down there in the near future - there must be someone I can find in kent who needs financial advice :-)

Failing that - can anyone recommend someone a little closer to my East Yorkshire location who is a wiz with auto heating systems?