Chrome grill strip kits

MickJ

Been looking at some on Ebay, come from the States anyone used them\got them on or can they recommend another supplier preferably in this country or do they look naff and best left standard, thoughts, opinions most welcome.

Cheers Mick

Been looking at some on Ebay, come from the States anyone used them\got them on or can they recommend another supplier preferably in this country or do they look naff and best left standard, thoughts, opinions most welcome.

Cheers Mick

They do look good but, as Jonathon73 said, you can get it from Halfords for about £12 :D

Thanks for the replies and links, would seem that Halfords would be the path to go down, as someone said it looks good on the darker cars has anyone done it on a Ultra Yellow Zed and wish they hadn't, which leads me on to ask how easy is it to remove should you wish to?

Cheers Mick

This time tomorrow it will be all mine, mine I tell you....... :wacko:

Thanks for the replies and links, would seem that Halfords would be the path to go down, as someone said it looks good on the darker cars has anyone done it on a Ultra Yellow Zed and wish they hadn't, which leads me on to ask how easy is it to remove should you wish to?

Cheers Mick

This time tomorrow it will be all mine, mine I tell you....... :wacko:

I don't thin anyone with an UY on here has done it :blush:

I can't see it looking any worse than stock though :)

had no problems with mine from halfords. Stayed glued on no probs. Good tip is to use a hairdryer to warm the surface up and to make the chrome strip more pliable.

And before anyone mentions it, I borrowed the hair dryer.

They look better with the strips than without, but mine kept peeling off in the heat last summer.

I have since replaced the strips with a chrome grill from the States. Much better and no regrets!

Yeah I guess this is the Grilltech one?

I've got a black one on mine if so and there's a chap who bought a black un recently with it on.... (in chrome)

• 3 weeks later...
Mathys - here's the chrome grill I have, after the strips fell off in the heat.
Not a fan of that to be honest, it looks stuck on and out of place, i far prefer the added chrome bits you can add to the existing bumper.

Marks however looks cool.

Mathys - here's the chrome grill I have, after the strips fell off in the heat.
Not a fan of that to be honest, it looks stuck on and out of place, i far prefer the added chrome bits you can add to the existing bumper.

Marks however looks cool.

I quite like it, not enough to stick on mine but its ok :blush:

Marky,

I've put a couple of pictures in my gallery, one taken yesterday on my phone, the other taken at a mini meet we had in Stirling last year with Gus and Chris from Funkystyling. They show the front grill reasonable clearly. Hope this helps. :D

Sorry, I've forgotten how to get the pictures into the message.

Cheers Mick

Don't bother with the type I bought off ebay some weeks ago. When they eventually arrived not at all what I imagined, strips of round chromed plastic beeding cut to lengh that push's on the lip worth about 10p crap.

Cheers

Steve :thumbdown:

Is that all they are, i thought they were as such stickers, liek a permenant fix, bit tacky if they jsut clip on, lol, what you lot reckon on my 350Z blade silver, silver grill or no silver grill, i really cant decide, sometimes im likign ti sometimes im thinking na too tacky !

Is that all they are, i thought they were as such stickers, liek a permenant fix, bit tacky if they jsut clip on, lol, what you lot reckon on my 350Z blade silver, silver grill or no silver grill, i really cant decide, sometimes im likign ti sometimes im thinking na too tacky !
What colour is your car? ;)

Dude, just do it and if you dont like it, take it off. If you dont experiement you will not know what you like or dont like.

Different people have different opinions so do what YOU want to do to your car and not what others want