Sad day for the Z

jase4072

Happily moving through the stop start traffic to work on Thursday and bam No Gears!!! As I stood admiring the lines of the 350 from the safety of the kerbside whilst the rest of Bristol traffic made its way around a new obstacle I couldn't help but think ... This is going to be EXPENSIVE. I got the car recovered to NISSAN where the foreman explained in detail how he has had to repair numerous 350 boxes!! and it costs thousands. To be honest I felt bloody awful. I had to get a bus home too so my day was totally @*!#. Anyway in came the dreaded call.... I have some very very good news came the voice, a nut had fallen off and jammed the box. £160 latter we were on our way and the gears feel so tight and precise now :) The technician said though that the gearboxes on the z are very noisy and it is a characteristic as is a noisy thrust bearing? any of you guys experience this... a very relieved Jase :)

• Like 1

Thanks guys, I know its a gamble to take it to Nissan with the risk of paying mega money and to be honest I wouldn't if I knew of a better place near Bristol. I had a great garage in Durrington where I used to take my Skyline but i'm too far away now. Still it's good to see the Nissan guy was honest on this occasion and I came away with a little faith.