Realtime blutooth data logger OMG.. Kid in a candy store.

fellsteruk

Hi all

Just read a thread from someone asking what to do with cubby and real time data logging was suggested. Being a novice I didn't have a clue so took to google. Bloody hell these are cool, had a quick look around and found this one Kiwi PLX OBD2

Is it any good, is anyone's law using anything better, I want a Bluetooth or wifi one as I plan "I may fail" to install an iPad mini in the cubby at some point and real time engine data is just perfect ;)

As I say I am a newbie, unable to contain excitement :)

Here's mine......

IMG_6195.jpg

3c2355aa.jpg

d511e27b.jpg

00eb4e67.jpg

37edbcf0.jpg

d75b2072.jpg

40ac8907.jpg

a0b2d51d.jpg

1080275e.jpg

If you're going the Apple route you'll have no option but to go Wi-Fi as Apple Bluetooth is @*!#!

I use Dash Command as the App but others have used Torque as another solution.

Ha ha Haydn that's just a name for the page :lol:

Economy engine = VQ

Mortgage needed = LSA

Felster - Wifi unit is about £130'ish. App was about £20 or something but the demo software which is functional can be loaded to a laptop.

App setup.

Install your personal details

Activate wifi

Plug wifi OBD into the port

App finds OBD

Done!

In my opinion the best software you can buy for this is Dash Command. It's available on iPad, Android and Windows i think, but the readers that work with them quite restricted (they've locked it down to only work with a few)

My favourite part about Dash Command though is you can download the Lexus LFA skin for it and use it as a speedo. A few people have done this online and replaced their clocks. I looked into doing this but it would be a huge job.

http://www.palmerperformance.com/forum/index.php?board=13.0

Aah this is a very well timed thread as i am looking into options for my pending car PC. I am looking at a mini PC or one of those new fangled Raspberry Pi's. i see the above software runs on Windows - Wasso how is yours hooked up? Got any pics of it in the car?

Matt :)