The car you drive determines where you sit in society...

H5

ANother pet hate is those that do 65 mph (choose your own speed) in the outside lane when the other one or two inside lanes are free, eventually move over and then when you go to overtake, speed up?!

What the hell is that all about? :headhurt:

Worst section of motorway I have found is the M1 northbound between Milton Keynes and Watford Gap for the outside lane hoggers, do what i do use the inside lane it's generally clear!

Worst section of motorway I have found is the M1 northbound between Milton Keynes and Watford Gap for the outside lane hoggers, do what i do use the inside lane it's generally clear!

Yeah I do, but technically that's illegal.....

Unless you time it right so that you are doing the same speed as them (slightly more) just as you see they are going to slow down. Then technically you are not undertaking, just that their lane has slowed....... ;)

Yeah I do, but technically that illegal.....

Unless you time it right so that you are doing the same speed as them (slightly more) just as you see they are going to slow down. Then technically you are not undertaking, just that their lane has slowed....... ;)

Exactly! :teeth:

That was such an amusing read - made me laugh! Driving mega slow in front of them winds them up so much it's fab! People that stick to your bumper in the outside lane of a dual carriageway and expect you to shift over when you've got a load of cars in front of you are the worse. Why would you move over when you're stuck behind the same cars as them?

ANother pet hate is those that do 65 mph (choose your own speed) in the outside lane when the other one or two inside lanes are free, eventually move over and then when you go to overtake, speed up?!

What the hell is that all about? :headhurt:

And don't get me started on people driving with fog lights on rear at the first sign of a drizzle! :rant:

Fog lights are a whole other story!!

When my mate first passed his test he had a Mini 1000 (10 years ago so a proper one) and we were out one evening when we were blinded by a Merc with his front foglights on coming round a bend. When we'd pushed the car back out of the bush, we vowed not to use the things, unless it it foggy Novel eh!!

Why do people do it?! :wacko:

Fog lights are a whole other story!!

When my mate first passed his test he had a Mini 1000 (10 years ago so a proper one) and we were out one evening when we were blinded by a Merc with his front foglights on coming round a bend. When we'd pushed the car back out of the bush, we vowed not to use the things, unless it it foggy Novel eh!!

Why do people do it?! :wacko:

I know, if I was a traffic cop, I'd take great pleasure in "educating" idiotic drivers for this.....

Its sooooo bad when you just following someone with a rear fog on in the rain, all you can see is a big red glare! :thumbdown:

Is undertaking someone on the outside lane, whilst in the inside lane illegal? Eg two lanes apart?

Yes, as the letter of the law goes, I believe it is!

Doesn't matter...... the highway code doesn't differentiate with this, you are still "undertaking"..... therefore whether you do on the middle, or inside lane its still illegal.

But if you were doing 70mph in the inside lane (constant speed) and the middle or outside lane brake, then you are just keeping speed, so in this case, if you happen to go past them its not illegal.

Probably dodgy ground if you were to have this argument with a traffic cop, but I would suggest if you'd got pulled for it is was accelerating past someone on the inside, therefore you are then "undertaking"!

As Jacko says, undertaking is undertaking. No matter what the instance it is still illegal however a lot of people do it. I had to do it last weekend when someone was going at 50 on the A1m in the fast lane! :rant:

As Jacko says, undertaking is undertaking. No matter what the instance it is still illegal however a lot of people do it. I had to do it last weekend when someone was going at 50 on the A1m in the fast lane! :rant:

But just to be pedantic, there is NO fast lane.......its both the same speed, thats the point. You mean outside lane ;)

But just to be pedantic, there is NO fast lane.......its both the same speed, thats the point. You mean outside lane ;)

i mean the inside lane, outside is on the left ;)

But yes i know what you mean, it just never makes sense to call it the outside lane as it is clearly on the inside of the road/motorway

But yes i know what you mean, it just never makes sense to call it the outside lane as it is clearly on the inside of the road/motorway

What! :wacko: You weirdo!

Clearly as we drive on the left, and overtake on the right then its the outside! You don't take into account the "other" side of the motorway.

Stop wriggling out of it...... there is no fast lane :p:boxing:

K4 - Do you want to play?

H5 - No, I'd like to go to work.

K4 - Do you think you're a big man in your £4.50 car?

H5 - Pardon?

K4 - You heard, get a proper car

H5 - Shall we go back to mine and you can pick another one?

K4 - ........

It's more than likely not even his car, it will be owned by his employer or a finance company :p

Where does he sit in society if he doesn't even own his own car...

What! :wacko: You weirdo!

Clearly as we drive on the left, and overtake on the right then its the outside! You don't take into account the "other" side of the motorway.

Stop wriggling out of it...... there is no fast lane :p:boxing:

Name calling is not called for ;)

I have always called it the fast lane or inside lane, silly i know but i know what i mean.