Motorbike insurance

scobie140

will try wicked quotes :thumbs: Yeh I've found go compare to be the cheapest of the comparison sites aswell, they've managed to knock £150 off my renewal which was already a lot less than last year, that means its more than halved in 1 year! just looking to see if any of the forum insurers could save me a little extra.

Wicked quotes wanted £1k ontop of my renewal price! its hard getting cheap insurance on a modified bike with so little experience. Bennets have been the cheapest so far, not including MCE with there policy of silly excess of over a grand. Seen that with a few car quotes aswell recently must be the new thing the companies are doing to get you in cheap then raping you on excess to the point its not worth having the insurance. No wonder so many people don't bother with insurance or a licence, the money they save on not buying it or lessons for a few years more than pays for any fines they will get.

Wish I was that cheap! last year I found a bike, did quotes (£630 was the best I could get), went to see the bike the next day, paid deposit to the guy, went to get the insurance sorted and the cheapest I could get was £840. I was raging, phoned them up with the quote ref no for the £630 quote and got told there system updated/ some other guff and that it was £840 or nothing. so had to bite the bullet. was worth it but glad its came down a good bit this year. I'll give you's a phone over the next few days and get a quote, worth a try

I ve been with wicked, H and R, MCE, bennetts and Devitt they all vary and most will give a good price for new business and expensive on a renewal. Thats just the way it is today.

I pay £177 full comp with a £250 excess through wicked for a Z1000sx with akky cans on it and its less than a year old so for a KT post code thats not too bad.

Guess being an old git helps :lol:

Edited by gsexr

Yeh your age must be helping! Cheapest I've found so far is £260 with MCE(not the policies with £1k excess) so almost£600 better than last year. Just a few companies to phone up but think that will be hard to beat. and must remember to tell ebike not to renew it automatically