manifold/attached pipe heatsink

adam1942

Guys

under the car before the cat's there's a pipe that connects to the manifold (I think!) this has heat shields and they are rusted and rattling...

Can these be removed or is it a replacement job?

If its a replacement job is it possible to replace the manifolds without removing the engine or is it a big job?

any guidance would be great thanks.

adam.

Edited by adam1942

Just remove the heat shields from the cats to stop them rattling, however they are there for a reason.

There is also a heat shield on each exhaust manifold which can be removed in situ, but again it is there for a reason.

In reply to your final question, the exhaust manifolds can be removed insitu but expect at least 8 hours out your life and many skinned knuckles.

Alex. :)

Edited by ZMANALEX

Wrapping the cats with the heatshieds off would certainly reduce the heat transfer, however i would be a bit concerned that the cats would lose the air cooling and may run a bit hot.

You can all but try it as you can always remove the heat wrap if you do have any issues, just keep 999 on fast dial. :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you wish to stay with OEM cats with heatshields, I have a few decent preowned sets in stock.

Alex. :)

• Like 1